JimBob

Nice Abdulrashid Sadulaev Worlds Highlight

Karelin lifted people every damn day, and we all know that people are just squirmy weights when it comes down to it.  Google a picture of what Herschel Walker looks like right now and tell me you believe that he only did pushups.  I'll wait.

Oh because I didn't already know when I brought it up in my post.  Thanks for the condesending response.  These guys are probably just lying to us.

Sorry if it came across that way, I meant it more incredulously than condescendingly.  I just recently saw a picture of a 48 year old Herschel Walker next to a quote of him claiming to never have lifted weights.  Apparently, he genuinely has associative identity disorder, so maybe he has a "fight club" kind of lifting regime going on.  Seriously impressive physique no matter how he got it, though.  He might not be lying, yet what he is saying might be completely false.

With Karelin, I just don't think that a freestyle guy's strait wrestling training could challenge the body in the same way that Karelin's did.  That said, he did lift weights:

https://youtu.be/3nAVLrevcmE?t=1m11s

It seems like the more I learn about what the Russian's focus on for training, the more I realize the answer is everything, just better.

I've seen training camps in Russia. Weights are definitely not emphasized. Most people believe resistance bands are superior. I don't think their bodies are out of this world if you consider they are elite genetically and some of them are on lots of PEDs. Sadulaev's physique isn't otherworldy. Gadisov on the other hand...

I've seen training camps in Russia. Weights are definitely not emphasized. Most people believe resistance bands are superior. I don't think their bodies are out of this world if you consider they are elite genetically and some of them are on lots of PEDs. Sadulaev's physique isn't otherworldy. Gadisov on the other hand...

He just posted this pic on his facebook page:

10985662_606857326083677_123682711515533

Btf I'm no expert on Russian training but they do wrestle live goes, which are taken seriously. There was a story circulating recently that Gadisov lost a practise match to Sadulaev and he was so pissed off he took off for a week. Also was pretty well documented that JB wrestled some full matches in training while at a Russian practise. These guys may do light sparring sometimes but they take their wrestling seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5EKL6sIXc Gadisov vs. Sadulaev. Look