Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

alton

I been a fan of  both brothers

but also PSU Fan

Not sure what happen again Dylan Alton, but as a psu fan does not look good.

Hurt, tired, enough, to close end year put someone else in 157 and represent better!

Dont even think of changing Beitz either , people better start realizing hes no fluke! Kid is solid he is

no "back up" performs at the big events!

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

I hate seeing them catch so much flack. Being hurt jut ruins you, no matter how talented.

Look at what happened to McDonough his senior year. If healthy he would have been a 3 timer with a runner up to go with it.

Look at Burroughs losing to Tsargush .... we can go on and on.

Maybe Andrew and Dylan come back as international studs .... who knows?

I wish the best for them.

^Agreed. 

Who else does PSU have that they can insert at 157? If there's no one who would be a point significant point scorer at NCAA's then I'd be in favor of allowing the senior to finish out his career as the starter. He's sacrificed his time, effort, and health for this team for 5 years, I think he deserves this one favor. This is of course assuming that continuing to let him wrestle isn't risking permanent damage to his health.

Edited by BigRedMachine

I hate seeing them catch so much flack. Being hurt jut ruins you, no matter how talented.

Look at what happened to McDonough his senior year. If healthy he would have been a 3 timer with a runner up to go with it.

Look at Burroughs losing to Tsargush .... we can go on and on.

Maybe Andrew and Dylan come back as international studs .... who knows?

I wish the best for them.

Or Dustin Schlatter, Mike Pucillo, Troy Nickerson, and so on...

Both Altons would have received a lot more empathy from that fans if Cael was more forthcoming about their injuries, etc..But that is the Cael way.  Treats wrestling information like its a Homeland Secruity issue.

Agreed that it's bothersome that Cael is so secretive, but on the same note, what does it benefit his team/athletes to be forthcoming with information like this? It doesn't, and despite what anyone thinks, Cael's #1 priority is and should be to give his guys the best chance to win. My .02.

Agreed that it's bothersome that Cael is so secretive, but on the same note, what does it benefit his team/athletes to be forthcoming with information like this? It doesn't, and despite what anyone thinks, Cael's #1 priority is and should be to give his guys the best chance to win. My .02.

It affects donations to the NLWC.  I assure you of that.

How was Cael secretive?  It was common knowledge coming into the season that they both had shoulder surgeries on the opposite shoulder that they had the previous year.  It was also common knowledge that Andrew sustained a likely collegiate career-ending knee injury in the August-September time frame.

It was also obvious that Dylan reinjured his shoulder in a dual in January.

It was known that English dealt with injuries his entire career, as is currently the case with Frey.

I don't see many secrets there.

If someone would have asked me to wager that the Alton Brothers would have been All Americans only 1x between the two of the them, I would have lost a lot of money. 

Add Peppelman to that list and I may have lost every dollar I had. Pretty hard to believe considering how much they all dominated in high school. Heck, you can add Shober, Cowburn, Sherlock, Kindig and Dziewa and only come up with one more AA. I considered the 2010 class possibly the best ever in PA back then, wow how things have changed.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

For those criticizing Cael's handling of injuries .......when did we learn of McDonough's injury???  I think it is pretty common not to broadcast injury info to allow opponents the opportunity to exploit it.

So a wrestler is known to have a bad left knee, it's then your assertion that an opponent armed with this information will go after his knee?  Or bad ribs, or a bad elbow, then those body parts would be attacked?