Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Iowa Cornell Predictions Commentary

I am guessing he is hearing things in the arena that inspired that. I've never seen him behave anythign like that. Koll was extremely upset about it.

What would explain his actions after his match vs. MN then?  Seems like a pattern to me

Garrett angered me in that match. He illegally slapped Gilman in the face the entire match! With that being said the refs need to not be swayed by obnoxious Iowa fans. No way that stall was warranted. Gilman only took two shots in the match...

All in all good win for Gilman after a tough loss. 

Garrett needs to figure out how to slap him legally.  I would have been upset too, whitey.  This illegal stuff is really setting wrestling back.   

Cliffs?

Palacio was hamming it up on the mat after the match and not due to his opponent. Maybe it was a bit too long but not so much it seemed to warrant a team point. There maybe more to it than what I saw.

Evans made a push out of bounds that was cheap. He hammed it up with clapping during the match and then with a flex afterwards.

Pickett was acting chippy with Storley earlier, he is no angel.  The push was nothing, foot was still in when the motion started, if camera people are not so close it is a non issue.  Peope were not booing blood time, they were booing Cornell coaches trying to claim Evans did something wrong when Pickett got cut.  Replay clearly showed an accidental clash of heads. Pickett seems to enjoy sticking his head in first and was already taped up before the match.

I think people are over reacting. I really didn't see anything out of line on either side tonight.  Evan's move started in bounds and was only a big deal because of the equipment being close to the mat. The Cornell 165lber's shush is lame since he must think it is some kinda of signature move as it is on his Twitter profile pic but not worth docking a point.  

Normally I am on the other side of the sensitivity argument...I guess the only thing I would add is that "A joke isn't a joke unless someone gets their feelings hurt". Hence the purpose/controversy of the jerk athlete. 

The difference between Hammerlockthree and Hammerlock3...

The primary difference I see between what happens when Evans' "act's up" (he can't help it--he is one step closer to a neanderthal than most chimps) and Placio "acts up" is that Koll and the Cornell staff rips him a new you-know-what all the way back to Ithaca, and have Kyle Dake and friends express to him why acting in such a way is not be the best for everyone, now and in the future...

Where as Brands takes Evans to the locker room, gives him a firm, but heartfelt-fatherly hug / claw around his shoulder, and says: "Keep up the good work boy...."

Then Brands hands him a helmet for waste elimination, tosses him a couple bananas as a form of behavior modification, and strolls out of the room smirking, smiling and proud like a scientist just applauded for his experiments by B. F. Skinner himself.

The primary difference I see between what happens when Evans' "act's up" (he can't help it--he is one step closer to a neanderthal than most chimps) and Placio "acts up" is that Koll and the Cornell staff rips him a new you-know-what all the way back to Ithaca, and have Kyle Dake and friends express to him why acting in such a way is not be the best for everyone, now and in the future...

Where as Brands takes Evans to the locker room, gives him a firm, but heartfelt-fatherly hug / claw around his shoulder, and says: "Keep up the good work boy...."

Then Brands hands him a helmet for waste elimination, tosses him a couple bananas as a form of behavior modification, and strolls out of the room smirking, smiling and proud like a scientist just applauded for his experiments by B. F. Skinner himself.

LOL. I'm still laughing.