The_MO_Godfather

Missouri vs. Iowa

I'm especially looking forward to the match between Eblen and Evans.  Like you, I think Eblin wins and that will be the key to a Mizzou win for the dual.  

I just hope the ref doesn't fall for the push push shove shove as offense.  That is what I've noticed, Iowa on their feet has mainly devolved to pushing & shoving, the Missouri guys were a lot more active.  Will the refs considering stall calls against Iowa?  Loathe to call the stall, loathe to start the 5 count on time.

As for the dual, I don't see both Kelly & Moore winning; one will lose. 

And the TS is being pretty hopeful counting on 2 pins by one team.  That said, a fall for either team will be huge. 

I just hope the ref doesn't fall for the push push shove shove as offense.  That is what I've noticed, Iowa on their feet has mainly devolved to pushing & shoving, the Missouri guys were a lot more active.

This is not accurate. Gilman has offense. He was just wrestling two really tough kids who would've made anyone cautious about shooting. He doesn't light it up against the top 3 or so guys, but nobody does. Clark is absolutely not the push-shove type guy. If anything, he takes too much risk, which is why he gives up so many 1st period points--which is the biggest flaw in his game. Clark could actually benefit from a little push-shove himself in the first. Sorenson is as active as anybody in the country at his weight class, if not more. He is starting to wrestle like a throwback Hawkeye. Sammy Brooks is a bigger and less good version of Sorenson and absolutely not just a push-shove type of guy.

Part of the reason Iowa is the resounding #1 this year is at least half the team has found its offense, so your comment is really off the mark this year.

I just hope the ref doesn't fall for the push push shove shove as offense.  That is what I've noticed, Iowa on their feet has mainly devolved to pushing & shoving,

Yes, the refs have been duped by the Iowa guys moving forward and presenting themselves to the other wrestler while trying to open up offense for themselves.  I can't believe refs are falling for this old trick.  

This dual could go any which way...I could see it going 10-0 Iowa, or 7-3 Missouri, without being shocked.

If it went 10-0 Iowa you'd be lying if you say you weren't shocked.

7-3 either way isn't a shock.

I just hope the ref doesn't fall for the push push shove shove as offense.  That is what I've noticed, Iowa on their feet has mainly devolved to pushing & shoving, the Missouri guys were a lot more active.  Will the refs considering stall calls against Iowa?  Loathe to call the stall, loathe to start the 5 count on time.

As for the dual, I don't see both Kelly & Moore winning; one will lose. 

And the TS is being pretty hopeful counting on 2 pins by one team.  That said, a fall for either team will be huge.

This whole Iowa pushes and shoves whine is old. Push back, shove back, circle. It's all a set up. I hope the fans who continuously whine about it eventually wise up.

pm-01, the Dual Impact Index (interestingly, the name of the organization on my credential, not Intermat...LOL) has it 9-1, and only has Cox barely ahead of Burak by .07 points, which is nearly nothing.

That said, if I ran it after Gilman's loss to Boyle, I would guess that I'd have Waters ahead of Gilman.

No, I'm not lying when I say I wouldn't be shocked if it went 10-0 Iowa. That said, that's a LOT of razor-thin tossups.

My personal guess is 21-9 Iowa. That said, duals aren't wrestled in my head, and certainly aren't wrestled on my computer, but on the mats.

GO TIGERS

MIZ ZOU MIZ ZOU

BEAT Those iowa cyclones are who ever they are

GO TIGERS

Can't say how proud I am of the Tigers and a program that has been brought up from the dead by Coach Smith who just does not get

enough credit for what he accomplishes without all the advantages that a team like the iowa cyclones have.

Go Tigers beat those cyclones(that's right isn't it)

This is not accurate. Gilman has offense. He was just wrestling two really tough kids who would've made anyone cautious about shooting. He doesn't light it up against the top 3 or so guys, but nobody does. Clark is absolutely not the push-shove type guy. If anything, he takes too much risk, which is why he gives up so many 1st period points--which is the biggest flaw in his game. Clark could actually benefit from a little push-shove himself in the first. Sorenson is as active as anybody in the country at his weight class, if not more. He is starting to wrestle like a throwback Hawkeye. Sammy Brooks is a bigger and less good version of Sorenson and absolutely not just a push-shove type of guy.

Part of the reason Iowa is the resounding #1 this year is at least half the team has found its offense, so your comment is really off the mark this year.

Yes, it is accurate. 

Yes, the refs have been duped by the Iowa guys moving forward and presenting themselves to the other wrestler while trying to open up offense for themselves.  I can't believe refs are falling for this old trick.  

Except they really aren't trying to open up any offense.  How'd you like all those shots from being ear to ear.  Oh wait, that didn't happen. 

This whole Iowa pushes and shoves whine is old. Push back, shove back, circle. It's all a set up. I hope the fans who continuously whine about it eventually wise up.

Thing is when the opponent does hold his ground he still gets called for stalling.  Look at the end of the Cox - Burak match.  Cox was called while staying in the middle of the mat.  Funny how right after that Cox took 2 shots, Burak backed right up & no call. 

Does anyone know total shots taken by each team? I think Mayes had more takedowns than entire Iowa team. It must be frustrating for Iowa crowds when most exciting moments are results of escapes for Iowa and stall calls on Mizzou. Great win for Mizzou.

Does anyone know total shots taken by each team? I think Mayes had more takedowns than entire Iowa team. It must be frustrating for Iowa crowds when most exciting moments are results of escapes for Iowa and stall calls on Mizzou. Great win for Mizzou.

Iowa style.