Sign in to follow this  
stp

The Iowa way

Serious question.  How is that not an immediate DQ?  Purposeful.   Then, after the match is clearly stopped, he Gilman relaxes, Waters disconnects, Gilman attacks Waters.  Clearly no restart.

How is that not more severely penalized?  

And Brands adds to it at the end.  Do trey not have an AD at Iowa?  Is no one from the NCAA looking at this guy?  He is the #1 embarrassment to our sport.  

Too bad his brother saved him from Hahn.  Could have put an end to his nonsense. 

This whole thing was an abortion.

Gilman with the most blatant illegal slam I've seen in years.

Then Waters showing no class after winning by taunting the fans and then running through some Iowa kid while his back was to Waters on his way to the locker room.

Just embarassing for both programs.

Anyone else see waters run through the Iowa guy blocking the aisle?

That's at least the 2nd time (yesterday v Cornell) a Iowa wrestling has tried to block the opposing wrestler from leaving the mat area.  NWCA should not allow this event back in CHA if they aren't able to "host" the event.

I think that the 2nd ref may have caught Waters for a forearm shove to the back of the head after the stoppage, which is why Gilman went after Waters' leg.

That being said, I think Gilman should'be been DQ'd and Mizzou should have 6 on the board.

On another note, Hawks fans think Synon should just turn over and pin himself.

I think that the 2nd ref may have caught Waters for a forearm shove to the back of the head after the stoppage, which is why Gilman went after Waters' leg.

That being said, I think Gilman should'be been DQ'd and Mizzou should have 6 on the board.

On another note, Hawks fans think Synon should just turn over and pin himself.

Maybe at least pretend to try to escape....I'm not 100% sure his head left the mat in the last two minutes, even once.

And Clark with a couple of shots to the head at the end.  They are d-bags up and down the lineup.  A shame PSU gave them a chance for the title this year.  I say pull Nolf, Nickal, Nico, Retherford and send Iowa back to the stone age - not a long trip.