First Period
1:13 0-2, Takedown Jordan
0:59 1-2, Escape Moreno
Second Period
Jordan chooses down
1:11 1-2, Stall Warning Jordan 0:34 Fall Moreno

FINAL: Moreno Fall in 4:26 Iowa State 9, Wisconsin 4 

Here's a link to some of the highlights. LINK

Interesting outlook cornercoach.  Did you deduce that after asking Jordan and his family if it had any meaning?  How about Moreno's?  How about the fact it was senior day at ISU?  Also, how about how it will INEVITABLY affect seeding for the NCAA tournament?  But, I digress, it was in fact meaningless..................

... other than the 6 points the fall scored for the cyclones, it is meaningless ......

Not really. It depends on how Isaac Jordan does at the Big10 tourney, but it gives Mike Moreno a big advantage for the #2 seed at the NCAA tournament.

Which is a big deal because you don't want to be on the same side of the bracket as Dieringer come march...

That wasn't a catch, stp.  Moreno rode him hard for over a minute, turned him and pinned him.

Caught (imo) can be different ways.  Zeke maybe was "caught" out of position which led to the pin.

We'll see if it happens, but I'll predict Isaac wins in the rematch.

(speaking like a complete homer)

Edited by stp

If you are going to stretch the definition of caught that far, sure, he got caught. Logan Stieber catches a lot of people too.

People act like Moreno is some slouch who got lucky. I mean, he is only a returning 2x AA in his redshirt senior year! Maybe he can string together a move or two.

I too was surprised by the win but let's not take away anything from a guy who stepped up on senior night at home to pin a very high quality opponent. It's not like he caught him with a desperation headlock while Jordan was trying to tech him for extra team points.

Caught (imo) can be different ways.  Zeke maybe was "caught" out of position which led to the pin.

We'll see if it happens, but I'll predict Isaac wins in the rematch.

(speaking like a complete homer)

Personally, the only time I allow someone to say caught is if they got quickly put in a low leg cradle, spladle, or some maneuver that is essentially impossible to bridge out of. So what did Moreno nail jordan with?

Personally, the only time I allow someone to say caught is if they got quickly put in a low leg cradle, spladle, or some maneuver that is essentially impossible to bridge out of. So what did Moreno nail jordan with?

Go peek at one of the multiple links to the video provided in this thread. It was a little bit of a surprise move that I am sure caught Jordan by surprise - but it was a good move by Moreno - nicely executed. I wouldn't think Jordan would get caught in that one again, but that doesn't mean Jordan is gonna win next time either; Moreno is tough - to not include his name among the short list of potential challengers to Deiringer would be an oversight. And I am a Wisconsin fan.

Interesting outlook cornercoach.  Did you deduce that after asking Jordan and his family if it had any meaning?  How about Moreno's?  How about the fact it was senior day at ISU?  Also, how about how it will INEVITABLY affect seeding for the NCAA tournament?  But, I digress, it was in fact meaningless..................

sorry MSU158- i'll send a small donation to the National Parrot Rescue and Preservation Foundation if that will help your digressionary issues.

Go peek at one of the multiple links to the video provided in this thread. It was a little bit of a surprise move that I am sure caught Jordan by surprise - but it was a good move by Moreno - nicely executed. I wouldn't think Jordan would get caught in that one again, but that doesn't mean Jordan is gonna win next time either; Moreno is tough - to not include his name among the short list of potential challengers to Deiringer would be an oversight. And I am a Wisconsin fan.

Looked like a turk with a crossface to me.  Not really something to get caught in.

Looked like a turk with a crossface to me.  Not really something to get caught in.

If we are looking at the same clip, it appears that Jordan attempts to stand up and Moreno clamps on from behind around his neck and arm and falls backward dragging Jordan back to the mat, essentially falling on top of Moreno. In the clip (the one included in this thread) the next scene shows Moreno getting the fall. I am not sure what adjustments Moreno made after dragging Jordan back to the mat, but I think it is obvious that Jordan was a bit surprised to have Moreno clamp on like that when Jordan was on his way up; that was a unique counter to a stand up. That's how Jordan went to his back - it wasn't like Moreno was mauling him on the mat and then just rolled him over with a crossface and turk.