Sign in to follow this  
Itmeagain

Cael Sanderson Record should have 1 loss (at least)

if a wrestler is redshirting thier matches dont count but if they are wrestling a college wrestler not redshirting then the match counts for that other guy. so cael didnt lose but another college wrestler did beat cael in a college match.

one of the stupid rules we have in our sport

cael sanderson: i never lost a match in college

paul jenn (rip): i beat cael sanderson in a college match for real look it up

I believe I read somewhere that Cael’s record is among the top feats in all of college sports.

Yet here we have folks trying to tear even that down.

If or when the overall popularity of it falls even further (more dropped programs, etc.), blame no one but yourselves dudes....

I believe I read somewhere that Cael’s record is among the top feats in all of college sports.

Yet here we have folks trying to tear even that down.

If or when the overall popularity of it falls even further (more dropped programs, etc.), blame no one but yourselves dudes....

ask those rankers if they know wrestlers can take a year to compete against college athletes in college tournaments that are closed to athletes not on college rosters but we wont count those matches.

I suspect the real intent is to get Levesseur's name out here again.

And who wouldn't want to rehash pages upon pages of discussion that Levesseur is the greatest college wrestler of all time, even better than Cael, because he pinned kids in 12 seconds?

cael may have ended his career more like jordan burroughs but he did not start his career like dake

officially based on the rules of his conference he can claim to be undefeated but the same rules didnt apply to levesseur or dake due to their conference rules.

dakes career is better imo because he has been winning as a middle weight where there are a lot more people to make up compeition and he has done it at all of the middle weights.

people that follow wrestling closely count all matches wrestled it doesnt matter if it is a redshirt or the allstar.

I know that many/most will not agree with this but...

Gables career was amazing, great, exceptional but I think there is a huge difference between a 3 year college career with 119 matches compared to a 4 year career with 159 matches when you think of Gable compared to Sanderson. Sanderson had 40 more opportunities to have a bad day, get caught, be or get injured etc..

I am not trying to diminish what Gable did, just put the accomplishment that Sanderson achieved into perspective.

Cael has straight up talked about the Paul Jenn loss and the near loss to Damian Hahn both during his red shirt year...

More interestingly, how many guys were beating Cael going into the 3rd period during Cael's official years?

I'm pretty sure the close W over Hahn was not during his RS year....

Gables career was amazing, great, exceptional but I think there is a huge difference between a 3 year college career with 119 matches compared to a 4 year career with 159 matches when you think of Gable compared to Sanderson. Sanderson had 40 more opportunities to have a bad day, get caught, be or get injured etc..

I am not trying to diminish what Gable did, just put the accomplishment that Sanderson achieved into perspective.

Fair enough...I do however recall reading that as a freshman, Gable was wrestling and beating NCAA All-Americans. Therefore, while it is pure speculation, it could be argued that Gable may have still been undefeated heading into the LO match senior year. Either way, he finishes his career with one loss.

Fair enough...I do however recall reading that as a freshman, Gable was wrestling and beating NCAA All-Americans. Therefore, while it is pure speculation, it could be argued that Gable may have still been undefeated heading into the LO match senior year. Either way, he finishes his career with one loss.

What Gable did in his folkstyle career over high school and college is incredible he lost one match ever it just happened to be his last match 13-11.

And who wouldn't want to rehash pages upon pages of discussion that Levesseur is the greatest college wrestler of all time, even better than Cael, because he pinned kids in 12 seconds?

ding, ding, ding...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5060

i forget where i saw it, but there was a post with Cael's matches listed for all 4 years, what amazed me was how few where even within 3 or 4 points over all those matches

ding, ding, ding...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5060

i forget where i saw it, but there was a post with Cael's matches listed for all 4 years, what amazed me was how few where even within 3 or 4 points over all those matches

Great find. That's a blast from the past, but even back in 2010 that post was considered stale. Posts about Levesseur were popping up all the time back on the old forum. His wins from high school (like over Askren) were often used as the greatest evidence that he belonged in the discussion with Askren, etc. For some people apparently, the motto is "it's not where you finish, but where you start that matters". By that token, there are a good many wrestlers that are better than Jordan Burroughs.

After Cael... I would put Mcilravy, tom brands, Gable, kolat, Pat smith, and probably a couple others ahead of Kyle Dake. If he wins his fourth he might make the top 5. If Taylor and Ruth win the next 2 NCAAs assuming Taylor beats dake at NCAAs( where they call stalling) then Taylor and Ruth would clearly be ranked ahead of Dake. Cael majored , tech falled, or pinned such a higher percentage of his opponents that he is in a class by himself. The above guys were offensive machines excluding Dake. Dake may be the greatest defensive wrestler of all time....just incredible....I also give him credit to putting it on the line to face Taylor! BUT he hasn't scored the bonus points that warrant him being even mentioned in the same sentence as Cael. I didn't even know what to say to our elementary wrestlers after Dake wrestled at the all star classic. " alright boys lets do what dake just did Tap the head twice ....backup Tap the head twice ..backup out of bounds. Drove them all the way to D.C. to see that. You should have heard their comments.