Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Alan Waters on Gilman's Illegal Slam "I could have got hurt pretty bad there"

i think it would be great if when the bottom man stands up and the top man can't bring him back to the mat they call stalemate but then award the 1 escape and restart in neutral. same as if they walk out of bounds. i dont think becoming a human backpack or doing the conga are wrestling skills we should encourage. 

You need to try and protect yourself at all times if you have the legs in and are just hanging on you had better know right or wrong(Gilman was wrong) that it a possibility of what may happen.

This is foolishness. A guy can punch you in the face if he wants. Should wrestlers be trying to protect themselves from that as well? The reason we have rules is so that both competitors know what to expect and what is permissible. If one guy goes outside the rules, it's not on his opponent to always be ready for that. When Billy George kneed that guy in the head, should his opponent been aware that could happen and tried to protect himself from a blatantly reckless action? Of course not.