Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Ben Askren Rant

although, I agree with him, his rant should also be directed at the officials, who’re partially culpable.  They are the ones who've historically rewarded Iowa's style of “offence", thus creating an incentive for them to keep doing it, especially in Carver-Haykeye where the crowd acts as a mat judge.

Edited by gromit

although, I agree with him, his rant should also be directed at the officials, who’re partially culpable.  They are the ones who've historically rewarded Iowa's style of “offence", thus creating an incentive for them to keep doing it, especially in Carver-Haykeye where the crowd acts as a mat judge.

I think Terry Brands was the official Carver Hawkeye Mat Judge last weekend. Or maybe he was just the second fiddle, er, official. 

1.  The wrestler most associated with Missouri wrestling is rising to defend their honor.  NOt surprising.

2.  He seems to be operating under the idea that because it was "easy" for him to take down people going backwards, it should be easy for everybody.  He's one of the 10 best wrestlers of the last 15 years.  That seems to be fallacious reasoning to me.

3.  He whined about the refereeing throughout that Luedke match he referenced.  He even postured up from top position to make complaints to the ref and some comments to Brands.

4.  It's amusing to hear the people back up his "stop complaining to the ref" argument whilst they all...complain about the refereeing from this weekend.

If you are a plodder, then because you are nearly incapable of getting off a decent shot against a good wrestler it seems like they must be stalling even though it is just that you are slow. This is what they don't seem to understand in carver Hawkeye. 

If you are a plodder, then because you are nearly incapable of getting off a decent shot against a good wrestler it seems like they must be stalling even though it is just that you are slow. This is what they don't seem to understand in carver Hawkeye. 

Everything is stalling in CHA for the vocal 10-15%, Realbuto put Kelly in a near side cradle and they were calling for stalling.