Sign in to follow this  
ludwigdmd

Why is Bo Jordan not #2?

My initial reaction was that he hasn't had many ranked opponents, but according to Intermat:

Sulzer is 3-2  vs ranked opponents (C.Moore, T. Walsh, N.Moore  -  Dieringer, Ramos)

Moreno is 5-2  (N.Moore, C.Moore, P. Walsh, C.Moore, I.Jordan  -  Dieringer, T. Walsh)

Isaac Jordan is 5-2 (Friesth, T. Walsh, Harger, Massa, Morse  -  Stafford, Moreno)

B. Jordan is 7-0 (Massa, P.Walsh, N.Moore, Hammond, Massa, T.Walsh, Wanzek)

I think it's safe to say that if he wins the B1G, having out placed or beaten seven ranked guys, he'll get the #2 seed coming in at 19-0. 

What will his seed be at B1G's? It's gotta be 1 or 2, so he'll have to beat either Walsh or Harger in the Semi's (assuming the seeds follow rankings)

Who cares about intermat rankings when there are coaches polls now?

The NCAA seeding committee the past few years certainly haven't cared about getting it right. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at #1 to #5

Edited by OtisCampbell

Otis, really? Look at present-year, ignore everything that happened prior to November 1st, delete the names on the rankings (just give them a random number, to eliminate any identifying information), and you're going to tell me that they haven't cared about getting it right?

Or maybe I shouldn't feed the trolls...

The NCAA seeding committee the past few years certainly haven't cared about getting it right. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at #1 to #5

So you think the NCAA might just seed the current #5, who hasn"t faced any of the top 4 and has a SV-1 win over the #6 at the 1 seed, leaving an undefeated returning NCAA champ who spent the entire year at #1 and already dominated the #2 and #4 at where?

9_9

Edited by ionel

If he's really capable of going undefeated on the entire season, then it really doesn't matter much (to him) where he's seeded, right?

Although, the #1 seed might not like to see him at #4 or #5!

Edited by redblades

If he's really capable of going undefeated on the entire season, then it really doesn't matter much (to him) where he's seeded, right?

Although, the #1 seed might not like to see him at #4 or #5!

Likewise, I don't think #1 seed dRinger cares when/where he faces the BoJo.

Duals with Va Tech, UVA, Mizzou, Iowa, Minny, PSU, Michigan, Rutgers, Lehigh and Vegas.  Name a team that's wrestled a tougher schedule.  

Reading between the lines, some members have been trying to establish a Tom Ryan Schedule as one where injured wrestlers heal. Or if you're in to trolling for reactions from us excitable tOSU fans, a schedule where you duck competition in order to preserve a seed or ranking. 

The Tom Ryan schedule seems to have served BoJo pretty well. He's healed up and gaining momentum. The suspected preservation tactic on the other hand, has proven irrelevant with Jordan's low ranking and Hunter's season-long injury allowing him only three matches (all against ranked wrestlers, so ducking nothing).

Although, it will be interesting to see what Hunter's seed will be next week, if he wrestles. 

How does H. Stieber get seeded at all unless he does something notable at BIG ?

Before everyone jumps on me, remember that seeding is not supposed to consider previous seasons.  And what results does he have THIS season to warrant a seed ?

With that being said, I would NOT want to be a seeded wrestler that has to face H. Stieber in Round 1 or 2.

Edited by Show_Me

Yes, he does. And, that is a quality win.

He has a record of 1-2.  Both losses to quality wrestlers, but losses.

Nothing against Stieber, just wondering what kind of substance the seeding committee considers "adequate" for a seed (ignoring previous seasons results). 

I have the same question for Delgado (6-1 with arguably no quality wins).

If either of these wrestlers fail to acquire any quality wins at BIG (and still qualify), it will be interesting to see their seed based on THIS seasons accomplishments.