CA_Wrestler

Medved International

6 matches in 1 day? jeez, why can't they spread things out a little? weighs in that big of a deal even with the 2 kg allowance?

I've always wondered if the majority of world class wrestlers would rather compete all their bouts in one day, or spread it out over a couple of days. Could be some advantages/disadvantages either way I suppose. Would love to hear opinions on this from some of the world class wrestlers.

Nonetheless, congrats again Jordan Burroughs! Just like the good old days, "all We see is You winning gold".

Edited by 2td3nf

Ya got a guy like Jason Welch who shows up to wrestle full go all the way and can't get pulled back in because of a "forfeit".  Legit injury?  Maybe.  If not, not impressed.

Edited by Hubbard

excellent! thanks for finding and posting. JB had a couple close ones. looked good tho. 

also how great is this bear?

screenshot-2015-03-07-at-11-08-04-am.png

His offence is incredible as always. Defensively he looked a bit stuff and high in his stance; Shabanau and the Uzbek scored several times.

Maybe I'm off, but it looked to me like JB was forcing himself into new offensive positions, especially in his par terre against Ali.  Perhaps they wanted to use this tournament to improve JB's skillset.  That could be the influence of Bruce Burnett...if so, I like it.

Maybe I'm off, but it looked to me like JB was forcing himself into new offensive positions, especially in his par terre against Ali.  Perhaps they wanted to use this tournament to improve JB's skillset.  That could be the influence of Bruce Burnett...if so, I like it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. He threw in some underhooks also. I think his ankle lace is there. Maybe he needs to keep on working on his gut, since nearly every time he tries it, he puts himself in dangerous positions.

Yeah, I noticed that too. He threw in some underhooks also. I think his ankle lace is there. Maybe he needs to keep on working on his gut, since nearly every time he tries it, he puts himself in dangerous positions.

My view is JB started of as a blast double guy..... like Williams. Developed a decent single chained to a lace. Threw in a HC. Then went back to relying on the blast double because he seemed to lose confidence in his positioning with his HC and SL, giving up points. Which allowed him to be blocked off on the one move (again like Williams), and without the lace. He seems to be going back to variety, perhaps giving up positioning, but with the variety of technique allowing him to come back, or score bunches in a hurry (like John Smith), and not be predictable. His loss in worlds was a wake up call. JB, has the ability to change (or go back to what worked). 

My .02

FWIW, he is my favorite wrestler.

Forfeits suck.

I can't watch the tournament so all updates are appreciated. I saw Asgarov is wrestling.

Asgarov beats Sandersson 11-0, won against Ukrainian and than he didnt show up. He got an injury.

My view is JB started of as a blast double guy..... like Williams. Developed a decent single chained to a lace. Threw in a HC. Then went back to relying on the blast double because he seemed to lose confidence in his positioning with his HC and SL, giving up points. Which allowed him to be blocked off on the one move (again like Williams), and without the lace. He seems to be going back to variety, perhaps giving up positioning, but with the variety of technique allowing him to come back, or score bunches in a hurry (like John Smith), and not be predictable. His loss in worlds was a wake up call. JB, has the ability to change (or go back to what worked). 

My .02

FWIW, he is my favorite wrestler.

I agree. He's always moving, faking, clubbing the head. If the opponent posts, here it comes the post double.
If not, here it comes the snapdown to knee latch.
If the opponent overreacts to a fake, here it comes the reshot. If the opponent sprawls, or it's Jordan to sprawl, then again that reshot takes the opponent off guard.
If the opponent chases him down, Jordan drops to his knees, plant his head against his sternum and drives him with his double.
And there are also his head inside single, the ankle pick (and cross ankle pick variation, depending on what foot they give to him), his lightning-quick low single, all of these usually converted to his favourite double leg finish.
He is a takedown machine for real; those who call him "a wrestler of one move" have never really whatched him wrestle.

Asgarov, Romanov and Kurbanaliev all forfeited matches this tournament. No way they all got hurt. They are probably using the tournament mostly for practise purposes but it's frigging annoying. I wish more athletes and coaches took the fans wishes into account when making decisions.

If his weaknesses are clinch wrestling and gut wrenching then taking some time with the Greco team would help.

Not like Burroughs is struggling though. He lost once to Tsargush while clearly not. 100%. He's still 2-1 against the guy. He will be fine.

If his weaknesses are clinch wrestling and gut wrenching then taking some time with the Greco team would help.

Not like Burroughs is struggling though. He lost once to Tsargush while clearly not. 100%. He's still 2-1 against the guy. He will be fine.