Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Again FLO... are you kidding me?

During the National Collegiate Open, in which they had a big ad campaign for Marsteller... during the match:

• the score was not working
  • 2 people were standing in front of the camera.
  • Some kid was ON THE MAT filming on his phone.
  • and I have no idea who won.... 
  • Video just stopped.

REALLY?

During the National Collegiate Open, in which they had a big ad campaign for Marsteller... during the match:

• Video just stopped.

REALLY?

Shhhh!!!  Somebody's going to point out how much better the coverage is now and how we're lucky to have sites like FLO.  So regardless of whether they produce a sub-par product and continue to screw their paying members, FLO is good!

Edited by KCMO2

its not even snowing! its raining! im looking out the window 10 miles north of the event and there is zero snow or ice. 0 inches accumulated. the forecast has the temperature climbing to 40 degrees by tonight. this makes no sense. 

altho that leaves some time for the wrestlign to check out historic Mt Vernon i guess. 

really tho, baffling. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

Did you say hosting at a high school gym? Last year they move it last minute and this year it is being hosted at a high school gym. Was it on the web- site that is was host at a high school gym? Looks like some trickery was in plac on that.

Flo, I will not even comment on that, did NCO site say flo was going to be broadcasting

its not even snowing! its raining! im looking out the window 10 miles north of the event and there is zero snow or ice. 0 inches accumulated. the forecast has the temperature climbing to 40 degrees by tonight. this makes no sense. 

altho that leaves some time for the wrestlign to check out historic Mt Vernon i guess. 

really tho, baffling. 

Yeah it was officially called due to inclement weather. (inclement weather;showing no clemency; unmerciful).

Must be all the global warming this year ...  only shows warmer after they cook the stats.

Edited by OKnowwhut

Did you say hosting at a high school gym? Last year they move it last minute and this year it is being hosted at a high school gym. Was it on the web- site that is was host at a high school gym? Looks like some trickery was in plac on that.

Flo, I will not even comment on that, did NCO site say flo was going to be broadcasting

the location address on their website, for the "Doris Torrice Gymnasium", is @ Hayfield Secondary School

http://nationalcollegiateopen.com/

Edited by gromit

Its fine with me that they postponed, cancelled or what ever.

Cheap ass Martin F couldn't afford to have some one run the camera or to chase away people in front of it.  Really didn't enjoy watching spectators asses.

Shhhh!!!  Somebody's going to point out how much better the coverage is now and how we're lucky to have sites like FLO.  So regardless of whether they produce a sub-par product and continue to screw their paying members, FLO is good!

Jeje. How dare he complain.  It's a nominal fee, you try starting your own company, blah blah blah

The wrestlers, fans etc. were ALREADY there, The event was indoors, why not keep the tournament going until its conclusion?  that way maybe the weather would clear up, by the end of the tournament and it would be safer for all to drive to where they have to go afterwards (hotel, home etc).

• Video just stopped.

REALLY?

lesh, this match between marsteller and Heeter---Was after the tournament was cancelled.  The reason a kid was on the mat with his phone, was he was keeping time.  The score board did not work, because there were not any table workers, because the tournament was cancelled.  These two decided to wrestle, after the tournament.

If you listen to the announcement in the background the announcer explains they were shutdown by their local government body.

Looks like you're right.  

http://www.fcps.edu/news/emerg.shtml

Emergency Announcement

All activities in Fairfax County public schools or on school grounds scheduled for 1 p.m. or later on Sunday, March 1 are canceled (Condition 8), including:

•  extracurricular activities
  • interscholastic contests
  • team practices
  • field trips
  • professional learning and training courses
  • adult and community education classes
  • recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
  • testing

I heard there were a lot of accidents in northern Virginia from ice.  Sure hope all the wrestlers and their families got home safely.

Apples and Oranges...You are ignoring the fact that the facility that they were using--was ordered to close down. The NCO had no choice.

That's what happens when you hold an event like that at a high school.