Sign in to follow this  
Serial_Thriller

Anybody got any good "Slamming" stories?

Yea...here's the story....

I know of a different call on this same move (slamming Waters to his back, with legs in).....I didn't see it personally, but here's the scenerio.......Dave Schultz is doing a clinic near Columbus. Ohio.....and he is teaching legs to high school kids.....some really good ones were in attendance including Adam DiSabato and Rex Holman and more, and somebody in the group mentioned something to Dave, in terms of countering legs, and Dave said, "did you see that!  I moved up a weight to wrestle Ed Potokar (good with legs Ohio State vs. Oklahoma), and he threw the legs in, so I stood up, with this monster on my back.....the official just looked at us, so I said stalemate....the official said no, I said potentially dangerous, the official said no", so Dave did what Giliman did, and the official said...."YOU'RE OUTTA HERE"......Dave told the kids ...."I deserved it.....I was a jerk".   Dave Schultz is not a jerk, but take that story for what it's worth.....another story from Fadzaev's video library!!!!!

FADZ

Reiter exerted more downward force than Gilman did in my opinion. The big difference Reiter's slam put all the force on one shoulder.

I got slammed worse in a high school match, i was 5'-9" at 138, guy got in deep on a double had me over his shoulder then dropped me onto the mat. Referee called a slam, i'm laying feeling like my backbones were pushed against my chest. I'm laying there and asked my coachif I could getva default. He said no, i wrestled the rest of the match but didn't score any more points. I was okayba few hours later.