Sign in to follow this  
buf87

Josh Kindig

Rumor is merge with the WWC

What I haven't heard is if this will just result in a qualifier tournament (like EIWA or the West Regional) or if it will be a conference where all the members dual each other (like the WWC or EWL).

Edit: Should note that the WWC and the West Regional are two different things that just happen to include the same programs.

Edited by Pinnum

I wonder if the NCAA even thought about a situation like this happening when they took away the Big 12's qualifier exemption.

I don't see why they would care. The Big 12 chose to go on their own to preserve their conference championship and in doing so only made their athletes able to get bids via the last chance at-large pool. I don't see anything wrong with it if they hold him out of the conference tournament and he still gets an at-large bid.

The small 4 conference you mean?

The small 4 conference that has 3 of the top 4 programs in history.  http://mwolverine.com/Top_20_NCAA_Wrestling_Programs.html

This is apparently only through 2012, however even if the 3 traditional wrestling conference did absolutely nothing since, they would all be in the top 4 programs in history, and will be for awhile.

I wonder if they thought he could qualify without wrestling and found out they couldn't...

I'm sure they found that the Schlatter rule applied in this case... Just like I posted on page one of this thread.

Edited by lu_alum