Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Down goes Delgado...

I meant that without an offense he can only win if he has the gas to outlast the top kids. He has neither an offense or a good tank this year. "No offense" was not meant for you.

No offense taken, joke. I agree. He needs to take the offense.

What was the result when Gilman & Tomasello met earlier in the year?

Gilman's got 3 losses, I know 1 to Waters recently. The other 2?

Tomasello has 4 losses, 1 to Dance. Trying to think who the other 3 were?

Gilman beat Tomasello this year. Gilman lost to Dance in the Midlands finals and the Boyle and Waters during the National Duals.

What was the result when Gilman & Tomasello met earlier in the year?

Gilman's got 3 losses, I know 1 to Waters recently. The other 2?

Tomasello has 4 losses, 1 to Dance. Trying to think who the other 3 were?

Gilman won. Neither guy did anything on offense.  Gilman wrestled sorta defensive and Tomasello could never get close to a leg.

An upset, but not totally surprising.  It's a battle against time for Delgado to see if he can recover championship form for the big show.  Not looking good, but wouldn't count him out.

Wouldn't count him out for what, AA?

No way he's repeating this year.  Too many good wrestlers for him to make a run through the bracket.

Tomasello lost 7-5 to Dance, 1-0 to Gilman, 11-8 to Waters and by pin in a match he was winning decisively against Peters.  

The Gilman match was 2-1 in OT.  2 escapes for Gilman to 1 for Tomasello.  Doesn't really make a difference in the end.  Neither guy did much of anything for the entire 9 minutes.

What is with the offical swiping when Tomasello finished the td??  Did he get warned here??

Secondly in the final seconds Tomasello clearly dropped to the leg with no hip control, why wasn't the official swiping again??

This rule is gonna drive me nuts consistency wise in 1.5 weeks.

Wouldn't count him out for what, AA?

No way he's repeating this year.  Too many good wrestlers for him to make a run through the bracket.

I can respect your opinion, but the kid's a defending champ and I'll give him a champion's chance.  Not much of one, but give him two weeks.  I've seen crazier things happen.

Delgado did not look tired against Tomasello.  He also used feints and motion to slow NaTo down--a lot.

Delgado is the best pure 125 in the country and can beat anyone.  Even at a significantly lower level, his two losses--NaTo and Waters--look reversible.  

He has a few weeks to get ready.  Not sure what his physical ailment is...suspect a shoulder because he won't shoot..

Waters took him down, turned him when he was on top, and had no trouble getting his riding time.  It was 6-0 when Waters bailed on a move late in the 3rd, rather than push a risky position.  Two time champ or not, he's shown no indication that in his current condition he can still hang with the big dogs at his weight.