Sign in to follow this  
mhecke01

Wow Ness. i mart next

Who is going to stop Imar in the next few years?  I do not see him growing much.  We could be witnessing potentially the most dominant wrestler ever in the NCAAs.  The kid is a beast and has no fear. 

That's the kiss of death when you start talking like that. He hasn't won the whole thing, even one time, yet.

But you gotta be real...

Who is going to stop Imar in the next few years?  I do not see him growing much.  We could be witnessing potentially the most dominant wrestler ever in the NCAAs.  The kid is a beast and has no fear. 

Realbuto is there for two more years. Ian Miller comes back next year. Nolf will be around for four. 

I am really impressed with Imar.   

And to think HS senior Anthony Valencia dismantled him just a few months ago.   

Is Valencia that good or did Imar improve that much? 

Valencia-iMar matches was hard to figure given iMart's year. The two freestyle matches at the junior world team trials are free on Flo, they are a complete blowout. That said, the match was at 163lbs and Valencia wrestled 170 this year in high school.

By the way, Mark Hall beat Valencia in the who's number one match 10-1 last fall (folkstyle, also 170lbs, also on Flo).

I think i'ts a combination of both.   Valencia is in fact that good and Imar just improved by leaps and bounds.   

Valencia is probably a little bigger and Imar was shell shocked and could not recover once the landslide of points began piling up.   

I certainly don't expect for Valencia to have a year like Imar is having But you never know.  

Imar has just taken his game up another level or two.   

a 24 hour weigh in at 163 is two weight classes away from a one hour weigh in at 157. imar also had to come through the challenge tournament to get to valencia. plenty of things in play here.

edit* I might be/think I am wrong about valencia sitting.

Edited by sockobuw

Why would dRinger go up to 174?

Because they have a ton of middleweight talent in the room at OSU and Dieringer owns that room.

Marsteller even said - he's taken down Dieringer twice - at all the practices and live rounds he has sparred with Dieringer since he's been at OSU.  TWICE, and he was almost in awe when he talked about how tough Dieringer is.

Edited by BraunMann