Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

What happened to evans?

"When he was at Blair, he took down Camp., the man child from New Jersey and just dominated him."

CT, I like andrew, but that win doesn't seem so impressive now.

If he were able to do it now, I would be even more impressed.  

Heck, I just want to see him take guys down in his own weight class.   I didn't see that this weekend.   No matter how many stats go up in an effort to deny the obvious, Mike Evans has been a disappointment.   Generally I don't follow the Iowa guys too closely, but Evens is one who I followed since he was a sophomore in High School so he stands out as a guy who I expected big things from.   I'd be doing a disservice to the boards to simply conform and agree we should have never expected much from him, but that would be disingenuous.     

Anybody who thinks a likely 3xAA has not delivered is out of their minds. I don't care how good you were in HS, winning an NCAA title is a totally different animal and that should never be the bar for whether a recruit delivered or not. Every coach in the country would love to recruit 2-3x AAs out of HS, even among top 10 guys.

So let me get this straight...Evans gets bashed when he has a bad attitude and pushes, but he DOESN'T have a bad attitude and DOESN'T push and he AND Gilman get bashed.  Makes sense.

Did you see Gilman storm off the podium before all the pictures were taken at the awards ceremony? He stood there for like 5 seconds and took off like a spoiled little brat who didnt get to play with his favorite toy. The entire arena booed him and the rest of the 125s stayed up there and waited patiently until the media was finished. That may have something to do with the Gilman hate.

As far as Evans, I didnt see much different from him than any other outing, he was actually better behaved than normal. So, im not sure what the fuss is about

Honestly I wasn't knocking Evans, it is more surprise.  For me it does go back to when he moved to NJ, wrestled at Blair, and beat Camp.  I figured he was a world beater at 189, at 74 he would just crush anyone.  The weight has got to be a tough pull, but I think it is the right one for his body type.  The height and width of the guys at 184 is pretty astounding.  

When you look at the Top 10 from HS that year it does show how tough it is to keep it going.  That is a lot of unfulfilled dreams.  

What do I know - I'm watching from my easy chair with 2 remote controls and a nice beverage.   Nothing to watch but reruns for 2 more weeks.  Cheers!

Evans may yet have one more big push in him.  Remember, he probably beat Chris Perry in semis last year if ref doesn't choke on his whistle.

Having said that--this weekend he was one big load of tactical inaction.  

your language is a little weird. 

"if ref doesn't choke on his whistle" which means a pin, then Evans most definitely won that match, not probably. 

Did you see Gilman storm off the podium before all the pictures were taken at the awards ceremony? He stood there for like 5 seconds and took off like a spoiled little brat who didnt get to play with his favorite toy. The entire arena booed him and the rest of the 125s stayed up there and waited patiently until the media was finished. That may have something to do with the Gilman hate.

As far as Evans, I didnt see much different from him than any other outing, he was actually better behaved than normal. So, im not sure what the fuss is about

Fish rots from its' head.

Some people on here will cry about anything.... 

Really dudette? ?

Good comeback.

If you want to start a campaign defending ur girlfriend Gilman, create a thread. I was pointing out a fact that had to do with Gilman being mentioned by the OP. Nothin more. I will gladly stomp your reasoning into the ground over there. Lets not derail this thread. Lol...dudette cmon guy

Good comeback.

If you want to start a campaign defending ur girlfriend Gilman, create a thread. I was pointing out a fact that had to do with Gilman being mentioned by the OP. Nothin more. I will gladly stomp your reasoning into the ground over there. Lets not derail this thread. Lol...dudette cmon guy

It's interesting that you would tell him not to derail the thread since you brought up Thomas Gilman out of nowhere in a thread about Mike Evans.

Go ahead fanboi, let the tireless defending commence....

There has to be tireless defending against tireless nitpicking.  I mean, lord, the complaint is he didn't stand on the podium long enough?

EDIT:  And it is hilarious, as phish pointed out, that you are whining about derailing a thread when you're the one who brought Gilman up out of nowhere.

Edited by VakAttack

Regarding the derail, you guys are right. That was all me, I mixed up my response with something mentioned somewhere else and I mistakenly interjected it in here. Wasnt intentional, I wont reply on it any further in this thread.

Seriously, does anyone know if Evans was sick?   I hope he is good in two weeks, we need people like him so I can have fun and have something to talk about in the bar!  Good luck to all!