Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

What happened to evans?

The funny thing is, I don't hate Iowa, Evans, or even Gilman. I am a wrestling fan first and right now watching them is as dull as it gets.

watching about 50-60% of these guys is becoming DULL. When did this sport become dancing w the stars?... does everybody think they are heavyweights? Speaking of heavyweights, at this point they have some of the more active wrestlers. If the smaller weights were carrying their share of the ATTACK mode we would be in very good shape.

Steiber, Dieringer, I. Mar are an excellent start. AT Nationals everyone needs to give them standing O's every match. Maybe others will catch on.

Iowa is being singled out as a whole because they are the low hanging fruit. They are not the Gable era Hawkeyes that are constantly scoring and not afraid to give up a takedown because they will come right back and score 2, 3, or 4 of their own. I want to see wrestlers get after it and force the action which means taking risks.

One more thing, I read a comment somewhere that wrestlers aren't out there to entertain us. Those may not be the exact words but that is the gist. In the strictest sense that may be true, however a fanbase is still necessary for the survival of the sport across the board. Newcomers and young fans are few and far between. I want to see matches where I look forward to watching tapes or dvr as opposed to fast forwarding through or even just deleting.

Yeah, if only I hadn't titled it 174 lb results.

Well, lets see what he asked for...

Vak or Headshuk or anybody -

What are the CAREER records of each of the wrestlers against the other 3 combined ?

Kokesh x-x against the combination of Brown/Evans/Storley

Brown x-x against Kokesh/Evans/Storley

etc.

After 4 years of banging heads and wrestling close matches against each other, this would be a very interesting stat.

Hmmm....and then you responded with

Here are the big four 174 results:  Kokesh has clearly separated himself from the pack.   All the posters who claim that the matches are tossups and anybody can win just haven't been paying attention.

Kokesh (10-4)

3-3 vs Storley; 1-3sv, 3-1sv, 3-2, 4-6 tb2, 1-3 tb1, 2-1

3-0 vs Brown; 10-7, 3-2, 7-3

4-1 vs Evans; 6-9, 3-2, 7-3, 6-4, 10-4

Storley (9-11)

3-5 vs Brown; 5-7, WBF, 2-3, 8-4, 2-3, 1-2, 3-1sv, 1-4

3-3 vs Evans; 4-3, 3-1, 3-2, 1-2 tb1, 1-3 sv, 1-2

Brown (10-9)

5-3 vs Evans; 3-4, 7-3, 4-1, 2-3, 4-5 tb1, 6-3, 2-0

Evans (7-12)

So you clearly DID pretend those results didn't happen.  Or you have weak reading comprehension skills.

No one wants to take a risk because they know if they end up on the wrong side of the risk that the refs will let the other guy stall the match out thus no one want to be behind.  If there are new rules in place or existing rules are enforced enough to get rid of the stalling and allow people to feel they have a real shot at making up points the action will pick up.  

Just Evans and Gilman? Those are the only 2 you think are dull? So when Garnett scored 1 point on Gilman does that make him dull? Or Storley on Evans? Where are all the threads about these other "dull" wrestlers?

Get off the "oh woe is Iowa" stuff. There was more hate thrown at a certain wrestler since Sunday night (Sesker to Flo to message boards) then anyone else and it WAS NOT an Iowa wrestler.

It really makes no difference to me.  Evans can end his career scoring no offensive points in his final collegiate tournament and it's not going to impact my life one bit.   I'd love to see him turn it around and go out in a blaze, maybe even get into a national final.   Not that I'm holding my breath, and I will be shocked if he suddenly becomes offensive when it matters, but I can't expect any more from him.  He gives the very best he's capable of, given the coaching he's received in college, and I can't hate on that.   They can't all be like Imar.   

It really makes no difference to me. Evans can end his career scoring no offensive points in his final collegiate tournament and it's not going to impact my life one bit. I'd love to see him turn it around and go out in a blaze, maybe even get into a national final. Not that I'm holding my breath, and I will be shocked if he suddenly becomes offensive when it matters, but I can't expect any more from him. He gives the very best he's capable of, given the coaching he's received in college, and I can't hate on that. They can't all be like Imar.

That's how I feel about all our guys at 65kg. They're doing the best they can with their great coaches... Just haven't been able to break through. I really admire their effort though... Awesome that they keep trying to no avail. Not everyone can be like burroughs. Edited by Buckxell