Sign in to follow this  
cradlewiz

Hunter Stieber opponent illegal elbow lock

The Illinois kid did not come out there to wrestle, he came out for an mma style submission lock on Stiebers elbow an illegal move that the refs completely missed and could've led to an injury default win for Stieber if he couldn't continue. There is no room in wrestling for that garbage and I'm disgusted with Perry and the Illinois staff for encouraging that

The Illinois kid did not come out there to wrestle, he came out for an mma style submission lock on Stiebers elbow an illegal move that the refs completely missed and could've led to an injury default win for Stieber if he couldn't continue. There is no room in wrestling for that garbage and I'm disgusted with Perry and the Illinois staff for encouraging that

but did you see the illegal "leg lock" Stieber put on his opponent's injured leg? 9_9

The one time Ryan should have sat his wrestler...

The injury is not going to get worse and won't heal until surgery.  It's why he finally wrestled without taping it. 

Edited by stp

I clearly saw the opening of that match differently than most of you all. I saw Illinois kid force an over hook and put pressure inward against the joint. It's well known that H. Stieber has injured elbows and is wrestling hurt and it would make sense for all his opponents to "test" that injury with two on ones and handfighting, But to focus your offensive attack on hurting your oppoenet is not the objective of the sport. Respect for those who replied and offered their opinion back. For those that felt the need to reply with a dbag response, you don't get cool points in life for being a themat.com internet jokester fan boy. I'm just here for some wrestling dialogue

But to focus your offensive attack on hurting your oppoenet is not the objective of the sport.

I remember a similar conversation about a slam few weeks ago at the national duals.

This goes to the conversation a few threads back about scouting an opponents injured body part and going after it.  I remember some saint saying that it doesn't happen.  If you know someone is hurt or weak you exploit it, simple as that.

I clearly saw the opening of that match differently than most of you all. I saw Illinois kid force an over hook and put pressure inward against the joint. It's well known that H. Stieber has injured elbows and is wrestling hurt and it would make sense for all his opponents to "test" that injury with two on ones and handfighting, But to focus your offensive attack on hurting your oppoenet is not the objective of the sport. Respect for those who replied and offered their opinion back. For those that felt the need to reply with a dbag response, you don't get cool points in life for being a themat.com internet jokester fan boy. I'm just here for some wrestling dialogue

I've watched the match several times and I can't find anything illegal with the MMA lock placed against Hunter, in the opening portion of the match.   What exactly is the illegal aspect you're referring to?

A couple pretty big mistakes by Ryan during the finals, one of which was allowing Stieber to wrestle. Just idiotic. The Ill kid is going up against a formidable opponent (even injured), he isnt going to make it easier for Hunter to beat him. I dont fault that kid at all. It all lies on Ryan.

The serious nature of Hunters injuries really reared their ugly faces Sat and Sun. Though he will do better than Languis would have, I think he may have 2, maybe 3 matches in him at NCAAs. Pains me to say.