Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Why is trotting back to center not stalling?

Ok, so if A is facing B who's back is inside the circle but about to shoot, it's ok for A to skip backwards to the center of the mat?

Yes. that's OK.  Assume you're Wrestler A and are trying to protect a slim lead.  Avoiding an aggressive B is just good mat strategy.  Plus, you may trick the ref into believing that you're actually the aggressor. A good coach can come in handy here, by yelling something like; "B's stalling, my guy's wrestling in the center." These refs have too much power as it is and its your job to manipulate them.

I'm surprised you even asked this question, headshuck.  Mr. DF has covered this type of situation many times in this forum.  It was also a major focus in his "DF's Passive-Aggressive Wrestling" summer camps, which are sadly now defunct.

It doesn't get called stalling when a wrestlers backs to the center of the mat because that is were the rule book wants wrestling done.  I would love to see those backing to the edge by avoiding contact and the pusher who drives forward with out shooting in hopes of getting a stall call both be called for stalling!

He was pushed there? Refs sometimes call B for stalling. I never see them call A for stalling when he dances back to center.

if he were pushed there he had PLENTY of time to shoot already and may very well SHOULD have been called.

Yes call em both call em all the freakin time until wrestlers start.....um..........wrestling.