Sign in to follow this  
scrambler

Go down BO and take it OT

He made an escape, and had plenty of time to do it again AND get that takedown.

That escape was very, very hard-fought and relied on a power move that maybe he didn't feel he could pull off in the third when he was more tired. When you're not as fresh in the third and it's likely down to one move, you HAVE to go with your best position. So if he took it to OT, then what? You're back in neutral with a minute to score. Same exact situation! Why not go neutral now and try to win instead of having to score to tie?

It's a good choice. The goal is not to tie to go to OT. The goal is to win.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I disagree. He got ridden for two minutes straight and was tired deep in the third. You have to go with your strongest position.

He still managed to escape twice in under two minutes each time. I understand your point but I think he wasted more energy in the low lift situation.

Issac with some slick defense in the beginning!!!!

It was a great match to watch.

He still managed to escape twice in under two minutes each time. I understand your point but I think he wasted more energy in the low lift situation.

Issac with some slick defense in the beginning!!!!

It was a great match to watch.

He had a stall call to go after to tie as well. If you think you're better from the feet, why wouldn't you push for your best position, where you can either score or win outright or get a stall point to tie, which is the same as escaping? That and you take away IJo's strongest position.

That counter in the first was my favorite move of the finals. Didn't see it coming at all. So slick.

You are not getting a stall call there.

You have to go in your best position...........unless you need to go down and score a 3rd escape to tie the score.

My point was choosing neutral was not a bad choice because if you don't get a TD, you still have over a minute to get a stall call. Neutral is his best and most confident position and he was not as fresh in the third. You have to go with where you are best in that situation.

So what if you escape, you tie and then you're on the feet anyway to find out who wins.

Bo looked lost at times.  Why switch up to the waist on the sweep single finish directly into the opponent's whizzer--twice?!?  And the time to take neutral was the beginning of the second, which he tried to do after he had already committed to bottom.  With plenty of time on the clock, two escapes (when he chain-wrestled), a stall warning on top for his opponent, neutral would not have been my choice.

I really have no qualms with him taking nuetral, if I was coaching he would be going down.

There was enough time on the clock to get a TD for sure I just like playing what I would consider better percentages.

I don't think he needed a TD. He gets an escape to go up 3-2, but then Isaac gets RT and they head to OT. 

I don't think he needed a TD. He gets an escape to go up 3-2, but then Isaac gets RT and they head to OT. 

How is that any different than starting from the feet to finish the third? Choosing down, you are putting yourself in a position that is not your best just to get back to neutral with less time left or later in OT. In OT, you will then be more tired and only have one minute. From your best position.

If you did what Bo did, you get over 1.5 minutes in your best position to win the match. You are fresher. You take away your opponent's ability to ride you, which he just did to the tune of nearly two minutes of riding time.

If you think your edge is on the feet, Bo's choice was the best choice. You give yourself more time to win the match while your'e less tired than you'd be in OT, you take away one more way your opponent can beat you (by just riding you), and you allow yourself the chance to execute from your best position for the longest amount of time. The fact that it didn't work out for him is immaterial. He obviously doesn't know the outcome when making the choice.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

You aren't reading what I wrote.

I would've put him in the down position.

The reason I'm semi ok with him in nuetral was the fact he did have time to get a TD.