Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Was Z. Jordan's cutback legal?

Legal or Illegal?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Legal or Illegal?

• Legal
    • Illegal

By far one of the slickest moves I have seen in a long time.  Kudos to Zeke for seeing the opportunity and scoring with something most of us had never seen before :)  

Edited by VQLSWAIN

I would not call that illegal because I don't think it meets the intent behind the cutback rule.  The cutback rule is really looking at a whipping motion to the back of the opponent's knee with some amplitude (standing).  Those three elements could cause some damage.  This move did not whip, was well below the knee and pretty much on the mat (low amplitude).   Pretty cool move though. 

Does anyone think that that move has the potential to break the leg between the knee and ankle?  Great move, but man it looks dangerous.  With the heel planted into the mat and the shin to shin contact, broken leg looks like a real possibility. 

Also changed my vote to legal after watching the slo-mo (thanks wrestlingnerd), however if you don't think that position doesn't compromise BoJo's knee joint then we have very different understandings of how knee joints work. He is lucky his foot rotated externally which forced him into a still ugly hyperextention rather than a brutal varus (bowing-in) force at the joint.

Bo's knee and/or ankle could definately have been injured. Look how it tweeks at the point of impact. That wasnt simply a block, there was momentum and an impact that caused his leg to push out knocking him off balance. That doesnt mean its illegal or dirty, im just pointing it out. There are plenty of moves that can cause injuries that are perfectly legal.

I had never seen this move executed this well, superb.

Def some big brothering goin on in this match. Lil brother got a good feel for big brother though, hope to see many more like this.

Based off of how I previously understood this rule, I still think it would be illegal (To me, IJo's leg is definitely doing more than just a block and is in fact "sweeping" or kicking Bo's foot out).  However, i guess it turns out that I have been incorrectly interpreting this rule.  Maybe more people will try this counter out soon if it is in fact legal.  

Its actually a pretty risky move on Zekes part. Look how off balance he is for that half a second, his back is turned towards the mat and has absolutely no defense should Bo had driven into him just as he went for the "push" with his free leg. Although, slo mo may be makin it seem riskier than it really was. Watching it live it happened do damn fast.With great risk comes great reward, this TD won him this match. Good stuff.

Edited by Bucksfan

Watching it in Slow Motion, it looks like the other leg that BoJo has control of is straightened out as he uses his other letg foot to curl the ankle.  Essentially pushing him backwords and knocking him off balance.  Not sure if that has any bearign on it being legal or illegal or not.  His motion to straighten his leg is what knocks him over and off balance.  IMO..

Still very slick and a last option that worked..  Can't fault him for that..

Edited by dabrockster