Sign in to follow this  
nom

Jordon v Jordan q on ride

After TD with Isaac on top, whistle blows and nothing. Bo braces, Isaac stays behind. Just stays that way. Isaac bumps out Bo's hand but no real movement. No braces, Isaac stays behind.

Very little attempt to esc, no attempt to turn. Goes for 30 seconds. Isn't that stalling? Seemed like a double stall to me. Neither was doing much of anything and Isaac was staying behind.

Not whining, trying to understand.

I think they were both wrestling to be honest. Isaac's thigh pry was obviously extremely heavy. I think neither was gonna panic and give up a position, but the reality is that when it looked like they were stalling they were actually two coiled springs wound up together. It's hard too see pressure.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Guest Kingsland

I thought the same thing,, it was bizarre. Unless Zeke managed to perfect his Vulcan death grip and imobolized Bo, I don't know what was going on.

It was a weird situation.  Seemed like Bo didn't move for 30 seconds straight. In addition to what hammerlockthree wrote, I think Bo was sorta regathering his bearing after that fantastic counter for the takedown.

I was curious as to what happened to cause Zeke's injury timeout?  From far away in the stands, it just looked like Bo had a leg in with a simple cross body ride. Zeke obviously wouldn't have tapped out in that situation if it wasn't something bad...but I can't figure out what happened.

Hammer, are you joking?

absolutely not.

I haven't watched it lately but I did not think it was stalling at the time. Why do you say that? Everyone loves aggressive wrestling, but aggressive wrestling doesn't mean you wrestle like you have to score every five seconds. It's always a chess match at some level. Watch the ride trenge put on cael in his last college match.

Isaac stayed fully behind, no attempt to turn. Bo braced. There was a bit of some other stuff but just a bit. Seemed like way too long of no offensive action and no attempt to escape for no stalling. That's all.

30 sec of nothing seems plenty long to call stalling.

Listen, I loved the match. Amazing wrestlers. No bias here --- just wondering about what constitutes stalling from top --- I would think this would. Also on bottom, would this qualify or since he had his base and head wasn't on mat, no stalling.

Apparently you think no. Cool. Curious on others.

Should Bo have given up a wrist or should isaac have let him out? 

I don't mind you advocating a double stalling call, or saying "hit somebody" for that matter, but its kinda tricky naming the person to hit. We seem to want stalling calls but the refs we hate are the ones affect the match. 

I see you're point but it was obvious to me that both were trying very hard to win the match.

Edited by hammerlockthree

If it's stalling, its stalling......don't see anything in the rule book that give either the right to protect their position!!!  I believe the bottom guy is to work toward escaping or reversing and the top guy if to attempt to work toward a fall.  Same with hand fighting and position position position from neutral!!  If you force action from both we might just get action!

Edited by BDB50

zeke was setting him up for something (tilt/cradle) and Bo would not take the bait. 

Plus the decade those two wrestled each other on Neff rd. stalling was never called. 

Edited by stp