Sign in to follow this  
nom

Seeding 157 - Realbuto

I see folks putting Realbuto at 2. Really?

A good win vs Ness true. But gets stuck by Alton. Yes he was coming back from a long time off but it happened. Also lost to Nolf but guessing that doesn't count?

I'd love to see a Realbuto / Martinez final of they both get there but not sure Realbuto deserves the 2 seed.

That said, put me in the camp of Realbuto beating Dieringer last year in semis if he didn't get severely injured.

In my eyes:

1: Imar (duh)

2: Realbuto (losses at Scuffle stunk for him, but has beaten Ness recently which should help)

3: Ness (losses to 1-2 recently, can't see how you stick him over Realbuto)

Is Green the surefire 4 is the question? Between him, Miller, and Brascetta I can see each guy having a say for 4-6. Brascetta really is the wildcard here, IMO. Not a huge body of work for 14-15, but hasn't lost all year (unless his Hokie open default counts, I'm not sure the rules).

I REALLY hope Miller ends up the 6 and we get to see him and Ness scrap in the quarters.

In my eyes:

1: Imar (duh)

2: Realbuto (losses at Scuffle stunk for him, but has beaten Ness recently which should help)

3: Ness (losses to 1-2 recently, can't see how you stick him over Realbuto)

Is Green the surefire 4 is the question? Between him, Miller, and Brascetta I can see each guy having a say for 4-6. Brascetta really is the wildcard here, IMO. Not a huge body of work for 14-15, but hasn't lost all year (unless his Hokie open default counts, I'm not sure the rules).

I REALLY hope Miller ends up the 6 and we get to see him and Ness scrap in the quarters.

and even if they did, what difference would it make rButo 2 & dNess 3 vs 3 & 2?  All of these guys want to and think they can win it and are going to have tough match ups in the qrts & semis.  Given Ness got 2nd B10 by beating Green he sorta deserves to be on the opposite side of the bracket from Martinez & Realbuto deserves to be over there as well since he beat Ness in the most recent.

and even if they did, what difference would it make rButo 2 & dNess 3 vs 3 & 2?  All of these guys want to and think they can win it and are going to have tough match ups in the qrts & semis.  Given Ness got 2nd B10 by beating Green he sorta deserves to be on the opposite side of the bracket from Martinez & Realbuto deserves to be over there as well since he beat Ness in the most recent.

I'm not arguing the fact that Ness and Realbuto should be on the bottom, however...

It might not make a difference, but I like when seeding is done right (or at least right in my mind).

That said, I think a 6 seed of Green/Miller/Brascetta makes for a tougher QF match-up than catching a 7 of Cody Pack/Brian Murphy etc. Nothing against Pack or Murphy, but the former 3 I mentioned have much more impressive results.

Edited by rlw028