Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Carter a 4 Seed?

Yes, he lost to Stieber and Port...so he gets the 3. Guess he'll have to pull the upset in the semis.

No, he lost to Port, Stieber, and Mastriani. Meanwhile Mayes had one loss, and it was less of a 'bad' loss than Mastriani. Ergo, Mayes gets the 3.

There really isn't any legitimate way to justify Carter getting the 3 seed.  

No, he lost to Port, Stieber, and Mastriani. Meanwhile Mayes had one loss, and it was less of a 'bad' loss than Mastriani. Ergo, Mayes gets the 3.

There really isn't any legitimate way to justify Carter getting the 3 seed.  

Mayes has two losses and Mastriani is the 7 seed, not like he's some punk.

Edited by HokieHWT

Yeah this makes no sense. I don't know what AXE big red is grinding but Mayes losses are vastly worse than Carters.

Not Grinding any axe. After reading the Mac tourney results, I'd agree Mayes shouldn't be a three. Mastriani is still the worst loss of the bunch though. Not because Mastriani isn't good, but because he doesn't have any body of work against 141 lbers.

Common opponent Mecate, Carter dec 6-4.

Mayes has also beaten Mecate to be fair.

Edited by BigRedMachine

Let's be honest, besides Dance most of the vtech wrestlers are starting to see the ramifications of a terrible ACC tournament.

Actually no...

Mastriani 6th ACC-7th seed

Epperly 3rd ACC- 7th seed

Walz 3rd ACC- 10th seed

Brascetta- unseeded because of limited mat time this year

Norstrem and Haught were never going to be seeded and got wild cards. 

Not Grinding any axe. After reading the Mac tourney results, I'd agree Mayes shouldn't be a three. Mastriani is still the worst loss of the bunch though. Not because Mastriani isn't good, but because he doesn't have any body of work against 141 lbers.

Mayes has also beaten Mecate to be fair.

HE DOESN'T HAVE A BODY OF WORK AGAINST 141 POUNDERS BECAUSE HE WAS A 57 POUNDER AND HE IS CARTERS TEAMMATE. THEY MIGHT AS WELL HAVE WENT TO PRACTICE AND BURNED CARTER FOR LOSING TO EPPERLY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. 

HE DOESN'T HAVE A BODY OF WORK AGAINST 141 POUNDERS BECAUSE HE WAS A 57 POUNDER AND HE IS CARTERS TEAMMATE. THEY MIGHT AS WELL HAVE WENT TO PRACTICE AND BURNED CARTER FOR LOSING TO EPPERLY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. 

I understand this. I'm just saying it's hard to put the loss into perspective and probably hurt him significantly when it comes to seeding. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just trying to look at things from the perspective of the seeding committee. The seeding committee doesn't care whether Mastriani is his teammate or not.

On that same note, I'm fairly certain one of the criteria is # of matches contested at the wieghtclass, which would also have negatively affected Carter somewhat.

p.s. Stop yelling. You'll wake the neighbors.

Edited by BigRedMachine

Cliche but seeds don't matter, you have to wrestle, and win, 5 matches to win it all.  I think the shock factor will wear off soon enough. I wanted the suspense to be in the finals against Logan but the semis will do.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe the NCAA didn't want to repeat that final again? (J/K)