Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

Maps of hometowns of NQs

Add to the Ohio homerism- Graham in St Paris (population a tad over 2000) will score well at nationals.

Bradly Ryan Taylor 133

Nick Brascetta 157

Bo Jordan 165

Isaac Jordan 165

Max Thomusseit 184

Also to note: Lakewood St Edward has seven qualifiers.

wow, i just looked up St Paris on google maps. i think we have the per capita champion. 

Add to the Ohio homerism- Graham in St Paris (population a tad over 2000) will score well at nationals.

Bradly Ryan Taylor 133

Nick Brascetta 157

Bo Jordan 165

Isaac Jordan 165

Max Thomusseit 184

Serious and honest question. Are all those guys originally from Ohio? Not that it matters. I just wondered if any of those guys were recruited from different states? 

Edited by Chasden

Serious and honest question. Are all those guys originally from Ohio? Not that it matters. I just wondered if any of those guys were recruited from different states? 

This question is about SPG, rather than St. Edward. Correct?

Eds 7 qualifiers, including four from the class of 2013, are homegrown Cleveland area, as is virtually always the case. A dratted injury prevented it from being 5 in the 2013 group.

Bradly Ryan Taylor 133

Nick Brascetta 157

Bo Jordan 165

Isaac Jordan 165

Max Thomusseit 184

Bradly Ryan Taylor 133

Nick Brascetta 157

Bo Jordan 165

Isaac Jordan 165

Max Thomusseit 184

Wow, these kids will outscore many teams at nationals.  I'm going to keep an eye on this.  I predict them finishing in the 4-7 range...too high???

Benton PA (population 824) could be in the running against Monroeville & St Paris in a few years:

Zane Retherford (PSU)

Colt Cotton (Univ at Buffalo)

Kent Lane (PIAA AA champ & Lehigh recruit)

Todd Lane (PIAA runner-up last year, injured this year) 

Graham does have open enrollment which is a benefit.  All the Graham wrestlers are from Ohio, believe everyone was on the Graham Jr. High team and grew up in the area or neighboring county.

Graham does have open enrollment which is a benefit.  All the Graham wrestlers are from Ohio, believe everyone was on the Graham Jr. High team and grew up in the area or neighboring county.

Thanks. Very impressive.

I think those Graham kids are local. The Jordan's just taught them all how to wrestle real well. 

Yeah he produces some serious studs.

Thanks. Very impressive.

Yeah he produces some serious studs.

I remembered this vid from Zeb-

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251000-Jeff-Jordan-State-Champ-Camp-2013-GOhioCasts/video/718802-Jordan-Talks-SPG-College-Success-2013#.VQQFB46K-GU

Couple years ago Graham had two make rd.12 plus four AA's too.  Nick Brascetta, Zac Neibert, Zac Thomusseit and some kid named David Taylor.  It's mentioned Graham HS would have placed like 5-6th in the ncaa's a couple years ago.

Can't you just put one flag in Idaho? They have had a few AAs.

over the last 7 years Idaho has done quite will qualifying wrestlers, given the size of it's population.

here's a heat map of all the states NQs per capita from 2007-2015:

screenshot-2015-03-15-at-3-32-06-pm.png?

In fact all the mountain states are right there pound for pound with everyone else except for IA, PA, NJ, OH, SD & DE. They just had an off year in 2015. ID is #7 on the list and MT, UT & CO are 8, 9 & 10. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

I'm curious who the kids are that are from Chicago proper. The Dardanes brothers are north west side guys (Edison Park-ish) who went to Fenwick Catholic in Oak Park their freshman and sophomore years. Sam Brooks is Oak Park born and bred, but I can't pick out the other guy you have listed.

What's up with that cluster on Lake Michigan's left coast?

Far and away Illinois's epicenter of wrestling. Five of Chicagoland's counties have 66% of the total residents of Illinois. The remainder are spread out among the other 97 counties in the state.

I'm curious who the kids are that are from Chicago proper. The Dardanes brothers are north west side guys (Edison Park-ish) who went to Fenwick Catholic in Oak Park their freshman and sophomore years. Sam Brooks is Oak Park born and bred, but I can't pick out the other guy you have listed.

i only have 3 guys listed as Chicago. C & N Dardanes and Ray Waters (ASU). everyone else is from a near by town. 

most of the data used was culled from Earl's awesome and tireless efforts. He posted it all on his message board. many thanks to Earl for all the excellent data!

http://d1wrestling.proboards.com/thread/9296/2015-ncaa-qualifiers

i only have 3 guys listed as Chicago. C & N Dardanes and Ray Waters (ASU). everyone else is from a near by town. 

most of the data used was culled from Earl's awesome and tireless efforts. He posted it all on his message board. many thanks to Earl for all the excellent data!

http://d1wrestling.proboards.com/thread/9296/2015-ncaa-qualifiers

Gotcha; The name wasn't familiar at all. I see that he was born in Chicago, but appears to have lived in Nevada for a long, long time, having never competed in Illinois during his high school days.

Gotcha; The name wasn't familiar at all. I see that he was born in Chicago, but appears to have lived in Nevada for a long, long time, having never competed in Illinois during his high school days.

yes i see.  there perils of databases abound. not exactly a product of the Chicagoland scholastic wrestling environment but a product of Chicago nonetheless.