Sign in to follow this  
pennsyrules

Bo vs Palacio

Palacio is great to watch because he just keeps coming and doesn't seem petrified of making a mistake.  He will take Jordan out of his comfort zone.   

I agree.  I think this is a winnable match for him based on style alone.  But win or loose it win almost certainly be one of the most exciting of the tourney.

Palacio had a crazy match vs. Harvard's Gobbo at EIWA's - was down 10-9 at end of 1, up 14-10 after the 2nd, scored a few more TD's in the third before finally securing the fall.  From the start of that one, I was pretty sure Palacio was going to either win or lose by fall!

Palacio is great to watch because he just keeps coming and doesn't seem petrified of making a mistake.  He will take Jordan out of his comfort zone.   

Bo's defense is too good, even against funky high scorers.  Best evidence I can think of, go watch when Bo crunched IMar two years in a row at Ironman.

Palacio had a crazy match vs. Harvard's Gobbo at EIWA's - was down 10-9 at end of 1, up 14-10 after the 2nd, scored a few more TD's in the third before finally securing the fall.  From the start of that one, I was pretty sure Palacio was going to either win or lose by fall!

But Palacio was clearly not off his game.

Any place to see this?  Sounds like it is worth watching!  Palacio has been exciting the few times I have watched him wrestle.  

Any place to see this?  Sounds like it is worth watching!  Palacio has been exciting the few times I have watched him wrestle.  

You a FLOPRO member??

If so I'll post a link.

I assume not but you'd have to be to get it.

Edited by LordNelson

if you get espnu it will be on thursday night at 7 eastern. I hope that would be one of the matches that they show.

STP:  Bo is capable of being the next Alex Dieringer meaning a physically dominating powerhouse who makes good wrestlers look tame.  But that's not who he is yet.  At BT's he was sluggish on bottom.  He dominated Harger then got ridden out.  Against his cousin, he got in repeatedly on good shots then came up around the waist--which is something he knows not to do.  He just didn't seem as poised and focused as I expected. 

He's capable of handling Palacio but he has to show up with bad intentions.  If he does, he'll make it to the semis and then possibly prove to be the only guy who can really go with AD.  

Intriguing match-up. Definitely one of the must-see matches.

I think Palacio is too wild and gets out of position too much to consistently beat a guy as well-schooled and fundamental as Bo, but he is tricky and hard-nosed enough to win maybe 2-3 out of 10.

Palacio's kitchen sink style is at once, both what makes him unlikely to go even with Bo over several matches and what makes him a serious threat any given match. As I said on another thread, when you have junior high moves in your arsenal, can run a 4-minute mile, and wrestle with Kyle Dake and Realbuto on a regular basis, you are going to be as dangerous as they get.

No matter what anyone says, including Bo himself, I think what must be an enormous cut affects him. You don't see it when he is majoring and teching inferior guys, but I believe he can be worn down in a hard-fought match, especially in a tournament setting after a match or two. And Palacio's tank is as good as anybody's at any weight.

Edited by wrestlingnerd