Sign in to follow this  
ludwigdmd

Who stays undefeated on the season?

There are quite a few guys with unblemished records this season. Waters, C. Dardanes, Steiber, Martinez, Dieringer, Kokesh, Cox and Gwiz. What are the chances all of them run the table and stay perfect? Was there ever a previous season where 8 out of 10 weight classes (or more) had a wrestler finish the season unbeaten?

I've been thinking about Green. If he wrestles like he did in last years consolation, he might take iMart out in the semis.

that could certainly happen.... but he was in the consi's. His MO is to get in his own way at Nationals it seems. I have no dog in the tourney. I go for the fun of seeing MANY great matches.

1) Steiber and Kokesh are the most likely and should end up undefeated.

2) Gwiz and imart. I too think Green is the one most likely to beat him if anyone. He is the most probable to be able to go tow to toe on his feet and the mat work isn't as much if a threat for Green in this match.

3) Cox and Deringer. The probably have the scariest semi. They both face 2/3 toughest freshman in the country who are both going to be great. (The third freshman being Imar)

4) Waters and dardanes. I would love to see waters win it, but I think in the end Garret will beat him in the finals. I think dardanes gets picked off by Brewer. I think Brewer is the worst possible poorly seeded draw a person could have. He has a one bad match on the year. Outside if that he has beaten everyone and on many cases with a bigger win margin on commons the the top seeded guys. I think he his a spoiler for dardanes

Dardanes has beat every top guy except Schopp and Hall. Dardanes used to get beat by riders but he has seemingly upped his game in this department. If Dardanes gets a 1st period takedown he is in the driver seat. Defers his choice and Schopp picks top, then even if he gives up riding time and escapes he can choose neutral. Dardanes is likely the strongest 3rd period wrestler in the field and wrestlers pushing him is when he is at his best. I am thinking seeding Brewer was tough simply because he didn't wrestle top competition this year. I have no idea about Brewer never seen him wrestle. I think Taylor is really the number 2 based on the years results and given Schopp being questionable following his injury.

Edited by jvallstar

Dardanes really earned his seed out of a really tough field.  Schopp has had his number historically, and they never met this year, but Dardanes has beaten a whose who at 133 outside of that.

Out of Storley, Ness, Schiller, and C. Dardanes there is no way the start of the year that I would have said C. Dardanes will be the one guy to be a #1 seed going into ncaas and also the most likely to take home a title

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

1. Stieber- 1% chance he loses (Dardanes showed he is beatable when/if he gasses) 

2. Ginger- 5% chance he loses (still think Bojo can make it interesting)

3. Imar- 10% chance he loses (Green kept it close before, no one else threatens him)

4. Cox- 20% chance he loses (Shiller beat him, Cox tends to gas sometimes)

5. Kokesh- 25% chance he loses (Brown needs to finish shots and stay out of scrambles)

6. Gwiz- 35% chance he loses (McMullen beat him, Gwiz not worried though, he told me himself)

7. Dardanes- 40% chance he loses (Last year NCAA's, plus so many good 133 guys can win it all)

8. Waters- 50% chance he loses (Too many close matches, bound to lose one soon)

In looking at the NCAA site for past champions I can see who won at each weight - But it does not give their season record.

Where do I find that information?

Wondering how the year Cael and Joe Heskett won and Abas took a title. Seems a lot of perfect seasons that year.

If anyone has compiled the list of perfect seasons by year would be interesting to see. How about it historians of the mat?

Edited by WillieBoy

In looking at the NCAA site for past champions I can see who won at each weight - But it does not give their season record.

Where do I find that information?

Wondering how the year Cael and Joe Heskett won and Abas took a title. Seems a lot of perfect seasons that year.

If anyone has compiled the list of perfect seasons by year would be interesting to see. How about it historians of the mat?

search here

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/seasons.php

the year you are referring to (2002) Abas and Cael were undefeated, but Heskett went 39-2

Edited by gromit