Sign in to follow this  
RPKD

Does Iowa have the top 2 125lbers in the Nation???

Gonna try one more time ....these are facts... went into overtime with true freshman(megaludis)...NCAA finals match tied 1 to 1 with a little over a minute to go in 3rd period(megaludis). Strong argument that a true freshman should make bigger gains his sophomore year than a 5th year senior...yes or no? ....He has not wrestled Garrett.... fact. He has not wrestled waters...fact. He has not wrestled Thorn... fact. He lost to Delgado...fact. He was outwrestled by Delgado but won{strong opinion...which most non hawkeye fans would agree to). I didn't say McDonough was not the best at this moment in 125 pound weight class. I basically just said I am not sure if he is the best right now and he deserves the number 1 ranking and that I am aware and completely impressed with his resume. My opinion....this is gonna be a fun weight class to watch at NCAAs with so many different "styles" amongst the top guys. Ummm I hope you guys were able to read and comprehend this long paragraph. You guys are so upset by the fact that I think this weight class is up in the air its humorous . I believe there are some reallytough young guys in this weight class which(imho) should have a bigger upside than a5th year senior.. that's all. My opinionated defense now rests. The judge and jury will make their decision in late March.

Gonna try one more time ....these are facts... went into overtime with true freshman(megaludis)...NCAA finals match tied 1 to 1 with a little over a minute to go in 3rd period(megaludis). Strong argument that a true freshman should make bigger gains his sophomore year than a 5th year senior...yes or no? ....He has not wrestled Garrett.... fact. He has not wrestled waters...fact. He has not wrestled Thorn... fact. He lost to Delgado...fact. He was outwrestled by Delgado but won{strong opinion...which most non hawkeye fans would agree to). I didn't say McDonough was not the best at this moment in 125 pound weight class. I basically just said I am not sure if he is the best right now and he deserves the number 1 ranking and that I am aware and completely impressed with his resume. My opinion....this is gonna be a fun weight class to watch at NCAAs with so many different "styles" amongst the top guys. Ummm I hope you guys were able to read and comprehend this long paragraph. You guys are so upset by the fact that I think this weight class is up in the air its humorous . I believe there are some reallytough young guys in this weight class which(imho) should have a bigger upside than a5th year senior.. that's all. My opinionated defense now rests. The judge and jury will make their decision in late March.

Well, glad we cleared that up.

Actually the highlighted sentence was a result of my brain hurting from you highly intelligent iowa folks. McDonough should be ranked by the pollsters as #1. But IMHO he will be top 3 at the end of year. Top 3 means 1, 2 or 3. There are to many guys in that weight class for me to annoint him like Hawk and Vak as an almost guarantee to win ncaa. Dear God ...forgive me for sending another clarification post. Peace out boys

I think the problem lies in the inability of you guys to read and comprehend a full paragraph. My fault, i should have looked at the poster's names before i gave the facts of the 125 pound weight class. Can't debate logic with people who have already made up their minds.

You think Iowa are myopic, try PSU fans.

Oh wait, they're just always right.

McDonough is the closest thing to a lock there is this year.

I think the problem lies in the inability of you guys to read and comprehend a full paragraph. My fault, i should have looked at the poster's names before i gave the facts of the 125 pound weight class. Can't debate logic with people who have already made up their minds.

You think Iowa are myopic, try PSU fans.

Oh wait, they're just always right.

McDonough is the closest thing to a lock there is this year.

I think Kilgore and Maple(both guys who were able to slow him down at nationals last year are gone) are further ahead of their competition and after St. John dismantled Napoli he may be fully healthy and even further ahead than anyone else. I still think McDonough will win it but he has closer competition than the 3 I mentioned.

They key here is that Mcd. will probably get the number one seed, that helps get a top three wrestler at least top two, and I would say, more than likely a number one. This is a good weight class this year.

PSU fan here, and I honestly would put my money on Derek St. John for a prediction of a No. 1 finish in March if I had to make a bet, seeing what I have seen in competition so far this year. Two months from now, I may feel differently, but right now, DSJ looks like he is going to cruise to his championship to me.

Probably a good topic for a new thread! Sorry to continue the hijack here.

haha ... congratulations Vak !!! You can actually read ...I just wish you and Hawk would have decided to read the WHOLE paragraph 2 days ago. Proud of you :) :roll:

Is this serious? Do you not know what sarcasm is? You literally said "I'm not saying McDonough isn't the best right now. I think he isn't the best right now." In back to back sentences.

Matt McD is a stud and is a HUGE favorite. IMO though, I think L. Stieber is the closest thing to a lock this year. With J.O gone, no one will come close.

Stieber may not want Chris Dardanes to get the #4 seed, tho.

And even I admit that McD is the hands down favorite and I hope he wins to cement his place as one of the all-time greats.

As Vak stated...Only one can wrestle...Mr. Gulibon or Mr. Beckman would destroy this hopeful...They are wrestling 133 so we must look at the chance someone other than the defending NCAA Champion has a chance...Mr. Megaludis has a chance as well as many others...Iowa has the top Wrestler at the moment!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

icon_post_target.gifby snyderman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 pm

back to the original topic. Did anyone actually see the delgado/clark match? It was a complete hose job by an iowa homer ref.

Cory controlled the match the whole time. He should have got the major decision twas not a slo ref. Delgado couldnt get through Clarks D, ref missed NF points. Everyone around didnt but he did. Should have been a major decision it was a clean beating. Wasn't even close......

At this point of the season I'm not sure how anyone would argue that McD is not #1 and until he is actually knocked off, and that he remains the favorite to win it all again this year. Sure, any of the top contenders "could" beat him but until they do, they do not deserve to be considered a favorite nor ranked ahead of McD. What is he, 2X champion and 3X finalist....he knows how to win when it matters the most. Its actually hard for me to believe that Mathew Gurule is now #3 on the Iowa depth chart. He could start for 90% of the D1 teams.

I must type, in answer to your question, that Garnett and Delgado must be 2 and 3 based on the BS found in many of these posts. No doubt Clark is very good but as usual your black and gold sun glasses are getting the better of you. After today the rankings should be McD, Waters and a pick em, Delgado and Garnett. I like Nico but his level of comp this year does not come close to these 4. No quality wins and a loss to Zanetta should put him at best #5 or 6. That said it is way too early to rank guys seriously just a lot of fun. For top 12, I have it McD , Waters, Delgado or Garnett depending on todays out come), Nico, Clark (he's not really eligible and too bad for us all) Cullinan, Sprenkle, Thorn, Zanetta, Kraiser and Patterson.

Anyone else think Clark got the screw job on those stall calls? I was sitting near a Vtech fan and family member of one of the wrestlers and he thought so too. Hard to see a guy lead a match for 5 minutes, get dinged with a stall point and taken down in the last 20 seconds.

Clark has to be one of the most impressive true freshman to come along. I don't know how high his ceiling is, but he is already up there with some of the best guys at that weight. Fun to watch wrestle that is for sure! Very fluid in all positions.