Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Ben Askren Claims Iowa Worst at Peaking for NCAA's (link)

Man, T-Bar has a retort for everything doesn't he? Not sure how me pointing out what you are doing here makes me a paranoid person. You drool over anything that puts Iowa in a negative light. And you defend yourself, Pennsylvania,and Penn State to no end even if you are proven wrong. It's just what you do. Carry on

Man, T-Bar has a retort for everything doesn't he? Not sure how me pointing out what you are doing here makes me a paranoid person.

The let me explain it to you. When someone posts a link to a wrestling article written by one of the sport's all time greats on the Iowa message board you have no comment about it. When someone else posts that same article from that same all time wrestling great and basically without any further comment on this Open type of message board you take great personal offense to it. That is the very definition of paranoia. 

The let me explain it to you. When someone posts a link to a wrestling article written by one of the sport's all time greats on the Iowa message board you have no comment about it. When someone else posts that same article from that same all time wrestling great and basically without any further comment on this Open type of message board you take great personal offense to it. That is the very definition of paranoia. 

As someone who has been coming to this board for awhile, and NO dog in this fight, would say.......... TBar you are indeed a TROLL as far as Iowa is concerned. Just admit it and move on. Any denial is phunny.

Askren an "all time great"........ very good yes. Top 50all time..... imo he can't even sniff the 50th spot.

That's not the case at all.  This article linked to a message board dedicated almost entirely to Iowa wrestling is certain to bring about open debate by Iowa fans.

On this site,  a message board that has a history of Iowa bashing (and Iowa ass kissing), with you acting as a protagonist of the Iowa faithful, this link can only reasonably be meant to (not so) subtly continue the criticism of Iowa wrestling.

I rarely read these boards any more, due in part to dbags such as yourself.

I'm no fan of Iowa wrestling, but your constant promotion of all things PA (in a borderline creepy fan boy manner), while constantly bashing Iowa (while maintaining the "who me?" nonsense), is absurd.

That's not the case at all.  This article linked to a message board dedicated almost entirely to Iowa wrestling is certain to bring about open debate by Iowa fans.

On this site,  a message board that has a history of Iowa bashing (and Iowa ass kissing), with you acting as a protagonist of the Iowa faithful, this link can only reasonably be meant to (not so) subtly continue the criticism of Iowa wrestling.

I rarely read these boards any more, due in part to dbags such as yourself.

I'm no fan of Iowa wrestling, but your constant promotion of all things PA (in a borderline creepy fan boy manner), while constantly bashing Iowa (while maintaining the "who me?" nonsense), is absurd.

Hey, if you don't like others posting articles then mayber should post some better ones, NJ. It is just an article. The whole thread was fine until Vak decided to turn the thread into a dumpster fire. And fwiw, this board dumped on Penn State with impugnity and regularity when I first started reading it. I guess so long as that was the status quo you were fine with it. 

Edited by TBar1977

See what I mean about TBAR having a retort/excuse for everything? He is that guy in arguement that always yells louder and has to have the last word. Then when he is knowingly proven wrong or is starting to look bad he points his finger at someone else and blames them. That's just Sad

The reason that people think you are being a troll is because of the headline of this article. If you had made the headline about Minnesota being the best, then more than likely there would be no discussion about your anti-iowa trolling.

aren't there more interesting things in college wrestling going on right now? i can think of one thing anyway. 

Just about everyone is done making their picks and bracket breakdowns. This is that stir crazy period in between brackets being released and actual wrestling. The wear and tear is starting to show.

Just about everyone is done making their picks and bracket breakdowns. This is that stir crazy period in between brackets being released and actual wrestling. The wear and tear is starting to show.

haha, yeah seems that way.

here, maybe this will distract everyone.

http://d1collegewrestling.net/Facts_NCAA2015.html

His chart seems to speak to performance in the NCAA tournament as opposed to the body of work during the year.  Probably more specifically a poor conference tournament would cause your NCAA seed to be lower.

Not sure his numbers are even correct.  Thinking back to 2012

Wt   wrestler  seed    finish

125 Waters        3      dnp

133 McCormick  NS    dnp

141 Hucke          NS   DNP

157 Houdeshalt  NS   dnp

165 Toal             NS   dnp

184 Larson         NS   dnp

197 Haynes        6      dnp

HWT Melton        NS   dnp

Congrats to Waters, Larson, and Haynes who  made it to the round of 12.  Everyone else was done Friday Morning.

Not sure how Askren got his number in 2012, but I could not get there.

Ben was good in his own right. Four time finalist is nothing to sneeze at. His article isn't much of a study with too small a sample. As for troll accusations, give it a rest. Everyone is guilty of stirring the pot at varying times.