Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

I hate to say this

But based on everything, I think Caldwell beats Taylor right now.

Caldwell has a rare blend of strength and technique and has no weaknesses.

I think DT struggles with Caldwell right now...

I think the ceiling is brighter but DT, but with toughening up and fine tuning...

Aghh, I may regret this thread.

Bubby Graham just took him to overtime and had a takedown in regulation.

Pretty sure DT has a chance.

I wrote this right after watching the Caldwell/Graham match.

Trust me FT, I'm as big a fan as you. And I truly hope DT works him. And obviously I know he has a chance, a very good one at that.

I'm just saying that DT's weakness seems to be Caldwell's style.

Rodney, you are making the same mistake a lot of others are making by putting Caldwell in the same class as Dake. He does not have the same speed or defense as KD. Caldwell is talented, no doubt about it, but I actually think DT is the one that presents the matchup problems. Scuffle can't get here soon enough, should be a great event.

Rodney, you are making the same mistake a lot of others are making by putting Caldwell in the same class as Dake. He does not have the same speed or defense as KD. Caldwell is talented, no doubt about it, but I actually think DT is the one that presents the matchup problems. Scuffle can't get here soon enough, should be a great event.

I do think he is in the same class as Dake.

I'm with you, I can not wait for the Scuffle. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

If Caldwell beats Dake at the Garden, how do you seed the scuffle?

My thought is Taylor would be the 1 seed in this scenario, followed by Caldwell then Dake.

Now that I think about it, I'm curious how it gets seeded even if Dake beats Caldwell next weekend. Not trying to fire up the Cornell/NY posters, but Taylor may still get the 1 seed. Seeds aren't rankings or opinions, they are a set of criteria. Usually if you have two champs at the same weight with no he'd to heads or common opponents, the higher seed seed would go to the wrestler back at the same weight. If Dake and Taylor both go to Scuffle undefeated, both as defending champs, the higher seed should be the champ returning at the same weight.

I've never seen an in season tourney use out of season results or exhibition match results in their criteria

but sometimes they do use committee ranking rather than a hard formula so that people who know of these things can interject

WHat I was trying to say is that an in season tourny as oppsed to a post season tourney can use what ever criteria they feel works for them. Post season tourneys have a set standard by which they seed, usually set by the confrence, region or NCAA

Imam a big fan of David Taylor, but Tyler Caldwell is really hard to score on and almost impossible to escape from if you aren't explosive on bottom. Dake's trump card is his scrambling skills.

I don't worry about DT escaping as much as I do Caldwell really controlling the ties.

If Dake beats Caldwell at the Garden we'll see Dake - 1, Taylor - 2, and Caldwell - 3. I'm not a seeding expert but I'd think common sense plays a role. The Scuffle would see it like this: A. Dake had already beat Caldwell and B. Dake already won the exhibition, and C. the best final would be whoever wins the semifinal match between Taylor and Caldwell given the facts that already happened this season, prior to the New Year. That's the way I think the Scuffle will look at it.

If Caldwell beats Dake at the Garden, it will go Taylor -1, Caldwell - 2, Dake - 3. The exhibition has less weight than the returning champion status and the current ranking has had Taylor at the 2 spot all season. There may be a slight chance that Caldwell moves to 1, Dake to 2. All I know is whoever gets the bottom bracket is in for a long day.

:lol: at Dake losing to anyone.

Yeah because the last 3 years Dake has gone undefeated during the regular season. :roll:

:lol: at this response.

I'd also like to add that obviously Dake showed he is leaps and bounds ahead of Taylor in folk right now. No chance Taylor can over-turn that rideout OT loss - they are not even on the same level :roll:

And obviously David Taylor is no Kevin LeValley, or Donnie Vinson...