Sign in to follow this  
BSUBroncoDynasty

Betting lines

Apologies if this is a rookie question, but looking at the lines, I see multiple guys in a weight class going against the field.

Ex- 125 has both Waters vs. the field and Garrett vs. the Field

Ex- 149 has three separate guys vs. the field

If am I am betting the field, does that field include the one I am not betting against?  For instance, if I bet the field against Waters, does the field in this case include Garrett?  or is it the field minus both Garrett and Waters?

At 149, if I bet the field against Sorensen, does that include both Tsirtsis and Stieber as well?  or are they removed from the field because an individual line also exists for them?

Hope that does not sound stupid.  

Edited by Hofman19

L. Steiber $3000 bet wins $100.  Wow.

Next favorite is Martinez where $450 wins $100.

Next is Dieringer where $375 wins $100.

Las Vegas is not doubting Martinez one bit.

Edited by robnh

Field vs. Martinez, Waters, and Cox are really good deals. Odds all three win against the odds you're getting are quite good in your favor.

Agreed.  I am rooting for Martinez but a $100 bet against him wins $300!

Las Vegas odds reflect what the bettors are doing and obviously after the B10 tournament, most like Martinez.  But he still has to get by both Green and then Ness/Realbuto.  The Las Vegas odds for a Martinez win are way too generous.

I'm disappointed the bookmakers haven't made some huge error like when Burroughs was +350 vs the field as a senior, and the bookmaker used the previous year's results as criteria for establishing the lines.  I liked that free money opportunity. 

i see a lot of good plays with those lines as well. im guessing there will be pretty low bet caps though. looks like prop bets that the book isn't take too seriously and act more as advertisements for the operator than serious lines.

but, if thousands of people all plonked down a couple benjies then maybe the books will take a more serious look at the tournament. gambling wrestling, grow wrestling!

I "had" to skip this year's tourney in St. Louis and will instead be heading to Vegas Friday night for a few nights. Was hoping the Sports Book had a 10 match parlay for the Finals. Anyone know if there is such a thing?? Will let you know how it turns out for me....Thanks and take care.

I post on the sherdog mma site and they have a vbookie forum over there where you can bet with fake cash and I posted the lines over there.  A parlay between Stieber and Dieringer doesn't pay a lot ($100 bet to win $30) but that is probably one of the safest parlays and bets one could make for sure.

I put the house on the field over waters. Field against dardanes was a great line, but then Id have to root against my boy. I think 3 to 1 against Imar is good odds, but man... He's already beaten everyone, and he is so incredibly gifted offensively. Im hoping that delgado pulls the upset in the quarters. If not him than potentially tomasello and nashon stand in the way

I like the field against IMAr, I can't help but be apprehensive about how these regular season freshman phenoms perform under the big lights for the first time in their careers.  Some perform just fine but others collapse. I'm not rooting for him to fall by any means, just not betting the house on him. lol