Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Upset City

Telling ya all..... with the stupid seedings there are very few 'real' upsets. I can only figure they get tired of the same team winning it over and over and are upsetting the cart.

It wouldn't be ironic (albeit very unlikely) if PSU won it again. LOL.

Taken down and ridden out. Zero desire to escape. 

I doubt that Dziewa had zero desire to escape.  If anything, it was probably the other way around -- he wanted to win too much, put too much pressure on himself, and had no energy left by the end of the match.  Remember, he ended up on bottom in the third by going too aggressively for the turn.

One would normally think so - and Jeva can still finish above his # 5 seed.

That said, he didn't look sharp at all in falling to the unseeded Jack.  We'll see if he rebounds or not.

Hey... Jack is from that powerhouse state of wrestling... CT :-)))  He is a great kid though.  Good for him.

Dziewa might be the worst #5 ever.  He's terrible.  Doesn't seem to want to be there.  No upsets in my mind for Iowa.  Didn't see Kelly or Moore winning either.  The guys who were supposed to win, did.  Only way I see the upset for Dziewa is because of his high seed.

Dziewa might be the worst #5 ever.  He's terrible.  Doesn't seem to want to be there.  No upsets in my mind for Iowa.  Didn't see Kelly or Moore winning either.  The guys who were supposed to win, did.  Only way I see the upset for Dziewa is because of his high seed.

Didn't Jeva beat N Dardanes a week ago? Today he looked absolutely terrible that first match but that doesn't make him "the worst #5 evar."

Didn't Jeva beat N Dardanes a week ago? Today he looked absolutely terrible that first match but that doesn't make him "the worst #5 evar."

He's terrible.  Takes like one shot per match.

has to be the biggest upset of round 1! Spencer Myers

No doubt it's a big upset, but #2 Moreno at 165 going down to 16-14 Wilson is bigger.

Edited by mgrimm