Sign in to follow this  
sansbarksdale

These student broadcasts are brutal!

I liked every time a guy would stand up from bottom and then get dumped back to the mat she was complaining that it should have been a takedown. Or when Graff was blitzing his guy she kept on commenting how liberal they were with awarding Graff takedowns.

I'd much rather continue to have these uninformed students doing the commentary as long as BTN actually show most of the matches on the TV network & not the online digital site. I find it hard to believe that they don't have room to accommodate showing the matches on TV within the framework of a 24 channel that we already pay for to begin with?

Great Subject. the quality of the broadcasts are all across the board. Best I have heard were AFA. Couple articulate wrestlers that actually read the bio's of both teams and new a lot about the sport. Cal Poly did something similar. Worst, schools like Boise State that do not broadcast. And Oregon State that does broadcast, but basically have a silent video with only commentary when someone scores.

While I am on the subject, I have a real issue with the schools that do broadcast streaming video but do not set up a single pay event for the match. Having to sign up for a month to month subscription is a big pain as you have to cancel the subscription after the meet. I typically do not buy the event where I would if there was a single event payment option.

In my perfect world, there would be free streaming, which I have watched on countless times from different schools, but that is unrealistic when the university has to pay for the service.

Great Subject. the quality of the broadcasts are all across the board. Best I have heard were AFA. Couple articulate wrestlers that actually read the bio's of both teams and new a lot about the sport. Cal Poly did something similar. Worst, schools like Boise State that do not broadcast. And Oregon State that does broadcast, but basically have a silent video with only commentary when someone scores.

While I am on the subject, I have a real issue with the schools that do broadcast streaming video but do not set up a single pay event for the match. Having to sign up for a month to month subscription is a big pain as you have to cancel the subscription after the meet. I typically do not buy the event where I would if there was a single event payment option.

In my perfect world, there would be free streaming, which I have watched on countless times from different schools, but that is unrealistic when the university has to pay for the service.

jbresette gave me the best advise on this matter. He suggested the monthly subscription to ULIVE which is thru CBSSports & you not only get your home school but a ton of other wrestling matches as well. I've gotten it as opposed to the BTND plan as it already has Big10, Big12, Pac12 & much more available. Best bang for your buck & you don't have to worry about forgetting to cancel before the next month.