Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Did Iowa just lose the NCAAs?

I don't mean to troll, but Jesus. Maybe 174-HWT can all pin their guys to make up for a horrible start. I really thought Dziewa was a lock to move to round 2 and one of Kelly or Moore had a win in them.

Most impressive first round so far: Cornell. Their guys showed up to wrestle. I'd say Ohio State but Hunter's elbows just aren't going to make it. That was a tough match to watch. Much respect for battling it out until the bitter end. Kid's a stud.

Who cares what Askren has to say? I don't hate Iowa but their current crop is dull and stale. Go back to opening up and wrestling the way Gable once coached.

You don't think they would if they could?  The fact of the matter is many of the Iowa guys just aren't particularly athletic and explosive.  They need to do a much better job recruiting IMO.

Who cares what Askren has to say? I don't hate Iowa but their current crop is dull and stale. Go back to opening up and wrestling the way Gable once coached.

They are plodders, and plodders dopn't win championships. This isn't trolling either, Vak, it is just the facts.