Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Hunter Stieber

Looks like he's done. It was sad seeing him end his season this way, may honestly be the first time it's been hard for me watching someone wrestle. Tom ryan deserves some praise for taking ohio state to this point but geez... how could he wrestle him in this condition? He deserves to catch some flack imo.

This wasn't Ryan's decision.  It was Hunter's prerogative to try to score some points for his team. 

Wrong.  Any competitor like Stieber will tell the coach that they want to go.  It's up to the coach to make the right decision though, not the wrestler.

I thought Ryan made the right decision based on the limited information we have been given.   I like he allowed the young man to compete and put himself in a position to go out on his terms and then when all efforts were futile, Ryan pulled the plug.   That's about all you could ask from a coach.   Kudos on a great move and showing both compassion, understanding, and making the tough call when he had to end the young man's dream.   

I love ignorant posters that look at a situation from the outside. You have no clue what is exactly wrong with Hunter nor do you have any idea what communication was made between parents, doctors, coaches, and athletes. Tom Ryan is a standout guy and would never jeopardize someone's life health over a national title. 

Even though I don't know the situation, I do know of similar cases where doctors have told athletes that they will not hurt it any more than what it is and you can wrestle based off of your pain tolerance. Obviously Hunter has a high pain tolerance and is much tougher than all of the posters on this board. Heck, he has more toughness in his left elbow than Lemonpie has in his entire body....coward

This isn't middle school wrestling.  We're talking about guys (NOT kids!) who have devoted their entire life to wrestling and likely won't agree to be sat unless the doctors and athletic trainers force him to sit.  If they did not stop him from wrestling, Hunter demanded to wrestle and said he was good to go, then what are we talking about?

You guys really think you know better than Steibers own Doctor, coach, and parents? Please.

I love ignorant posters that look at a situation from the outside. You have no clue what is exactly wrong with Hunter nor do you have any idea what communication was made between parents, doctors, coaches, and athletes. Tom Ryan is a standout guy and would never jeopardize someone's life health over a national title. 

Even though I don't know the situation, I do know of similar cases where doctors have told athletes that they will not hurt it any more than what it is and you can wrestle based off of your pain tolerance. Obviously Hunter has a high pain tolerance and is much tougher than all of the posters on this board. Heck, he has more toughness in his left elbow than Lemonpie has in his entire body....coward

Well said! Just hope he can continue to wrestle.  He wrestled great at the Pan Am over the summer.  Will be interesting what weight he goes next year.  He seems like he did a lot of work to get himself to 149 but 141 seems to be his natural weight.

It did seem in early Feb that they were going to sit him the rest of the year.  I am sure the family and Hunter had something to say about that.  Hard to lose an entire season and not compete for the championship.  

I was also amazed at how Ruggerilo had him screaming in pain the entire second period then in the 3rd period Hunter gets two takedowns with two shot arms.  

Edited by smitty11

+1.

Hunter scored points at Big 10's, and there was no reason to think he couldn't do the same at the NCAA's.  Hunter, his coach and his family must have felt the same way.  

His doctor undoubtedly gave him the go-ahead.

Given the same injuries, how many of you out there would have refused to wrestle at the NCAA's?  

What is the injury specifically? Injuries suck

Nobody knows, which reveal lemonpie and cooch as the morons they really are. (Honestly, I think lemonpie is just a troll, but cooch truly is mentally challenged)  

If it is an injury that can't be worsened further, then there is no issue here.