Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Billy Baldwin is cool

That would make Irving an M-list celeb, using that scale.

Scribe, here I was thinking you were literate. John Irving is a world class novelist with a deep interest in wrestling. He was a D! wrestler, too. In our Hollywood Squares culture, the second most famous Baldwin may be more recognizable, but he is fare from aas accomplished  and almost certainly less knowledgable and articulate. 

The short films he narrated a few years back for the NCAAs were fantastic.

And THEN he said, don't forget the bagels, which made the ESPN guy say "cream cheese." 

It degrades wrestling to suck up so much to D-list celebs. They should get john Irving!

completely disagree, he has made a number of insightful points wrestling wise, and talking up how great programs/coaches/wrestlers are doing who are outside of the spotlight is savvy and admirable.  The fact that he had to spend time explaining to his colleges what a mosh-pit was shows how out of touch our commentators can be (not faulting them, but it's good to hear both).

I think the entire broadcast team was solid all the way around.

Especially liked Baldwin's commentary. His storytelling and experiences with various coaches/programs/athletes brings a unique perspective.

Love some of the roving reporter stuff he was doing. He's good for the sport and good for the broadcast… REALLY seems to know what he's talking about !!

I thought he was pretty well informed, especially on east coast teams. Granted he isn't the star his brother Alec is, but he does have a name that is recognized by the general public. I hope they let him do it again next year.

I wonder his thoughts on Binghamton now.

He talked around Binghamton topics during his broadcast with the mic. Everyone knows they are struggling to maintain the ascension they had been enjoying the past many years. I doubt he feels differently about that fact.

Binghamton's wrestling program is doing great. They have been rebuilding since Coach Popolizio left for NC State. They have had a couple of decent recruiting years in a row. They are a young team and have held back several of their guys to redshirt. They will start to do some serious damage in the EIWA over the next 2-3 seasons.

They are young and rebuilding but have still had 4 or 5 AAs in the last 5 seasons.

Patterson, Gwizz, Lister, Vinson... and I think one other?

If Gwizz hadn't transferred to NC State… Binghamton would've had a terrific tournament and a top 15 finish this year.

Binghamton's wrestling program is doing great. They have been rebuilding since Coach Popolizio left for NC State. They have had a couple of decent recruiting years in a row. They are a young team and have held back several of their guys to redshirt. They will start to do some serious damage in the EIWA over the next 2-3 seasons.

They are young and rebuilding but have still had 4 or 5 AAs in the last 5 seasons.

Patterson, Gwizz, Lister, Vinson... and I think one other?

If Gwizz hadn't transferred to NC State… Binghamton would've had a terrific tournament and a top 15 finish this year.

That's great to hear.  

Who are their redshirts??