Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Session 3 Discussion

I've seen different numbers advanced, but I think Eblen actually cost Mizzou 4 points.  

He had two wins, both by major, in the consi's.  Those are worth 1/2 point each for advancement and 1 point each for bonus. That's a total of 3 points (which is also what Track Wrestling and Penn State's score tracking systems have Eblen scoring).

Additionally, Rule 5.6 (Flagrant Misconduct) requires a 1 team point deduction, as well.  

Total loss to Mizzou: 4 points

Do you ever understand context? I mean, ever???

The whole wrestling world understood that what Gilman did at Duals should have resulted in a DQ, but Vak defended the guy for weeks. Now he seemingly totally gets it when Eblen gets DQ'd. That is called HYPOCRISY. 

hypocrisy
[ hiˈpäkrisē ]

NOUN
noun: hypocrisy · plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of the word...

I'll try to summarize ...

Eblen performed a move to intentionally injure his opponent.  He got DQ'd .... fans seem to not disagree with this decision and thus there is not a big dust up talking about it and how bad Eblen is for doing it  --- he was strongly punished, thus defusing the outcry.

Vak suggested that since Eblen performed a move to intentionally injure his opponent that there should be a big dust up and that since there is not, it is another sign of anti-Iowa bias considering how the Gilman situation caused such controversy on the boards.

Where Vak is mistaken is that what caused the Gilman outcry was both his blatant attempt to injure AND that he was not DQ'd.   I would suggest that if Eblen was not DQ'd there is a reasonable chance that it would have also caused considerable controversy.  However, I can't say this for certain particularly since I did not see it (yet), I don't know if it was as visibly blatant as the Gilman move, and I don't have an ability to know thinks like this for certain.  

Vak, if you makes you feel any better, my opinion of Ryan Taylor is pretty much in the toilet. He went running off without shaking Gulibon's hand like a little baby. Not sure, but Wisconsin may have got dinged a point for that. I was pretty happy considering the fact he acted like a tool at BigTens after beating Jimmy. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I just went back and looked at the team scores again. Missouri had forty nine after the bout as I was leaving. They now show forty five which would account for the one point penalty and losing three. And of this kid is bout a senior he'll have to sit a bout next year.