Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

Zeke Moisey (West Virginia)

I really expected a lot out of him after his hs career. Kids though. I didn't expect him to do this well at nationals this year, but glad to see his success on the big stage. I would love to see him make the finals.

not familiar with Moisey so looked at the WVU roster...is he really 5'9" wrestling 125?

He is. Definitely one of the taller 125s, along with Garrett and Waters. He probably has an inch on them, actually. I think the cut impacted him earlier in the season. He had a gas problem at times, especially against Tomasello. But he has obviously settled into the weight just fine by now. 

Gilman has to be careful not to try to be too stingy because Moisey is really funky and can defend anyone's shot one or two times. I think Gilman is too much for him when in aggro mode, however. I could see Gilman breaking him a la Tomasello, but if the same Gilman that wrestled Conaway shows up, it only takes one funky defensive maneuver for the upset.

Moisey versus Waters would be a really interesting stylistic matchup, actually, but I doubt we see it.

He is. Definitely one of the taller 125s, along with Garrett and Waters. He probably has an inch on them, actually. I think the cut impacted him earlier in the season. He had a gas problem at times, especially against Tomasello. But he has obviously settled into the weight just fine by now. 

Gilman has to be careful not to try to be too stingy because Moisey is really funky and can defend anyone's shot one or two times. I think Gilman is too much for him when in aggro mode, however. I could see Gilman breaking him a la Tomasello, but if the same Gilman that wrestled Conaway shows up, it only takes one funky defensive maneuver for the upset.

Moisey versus Waters would be a really interesting stylistic matchup, actually, but I doubt we see it.

you've never seen any of these guys, have you?

moisey isn't in the same zip code as 5'9''. 5'4'', maybe. 

Edited by Husker_Du