Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

Re-wrestle the Miller-Realbuto Match

That seems to be the best solution. The problem here is that the scoring error affected both wrestlers. After Realbuto had the last takedown in regulation he had a chance to go for back points and let the clock run out in the final seconds anticipating extra time. 

Bit unprecedented but I would agree at this point there is no other "fair" way to settle this. Miller should have won, but then Realbuto did win given the choice she shouldn't have been given.

We've seen matches re-wrestled at the Worlds, why not at the NCAAs if everyone knows the whole mess was created by a decision that was as clearly and unambiguously wrong (kindergarten-level arithmetic) as it can possibly get.

NCAA, show that you are not a bunch of bureaucratic cowards hiding behind a rule book when you screw up and let them re-wrestle.

I don't get why they would re-wrestle?  We have video evidence that Miller won.  To say Realbuto would've gotten back points if he knew he needed them is a stretch.  You can easily argue that Miller would've fought like a madman if he knew that he had it won... if he just stayed off of his back.

Miller won, he should advance. 

I have no dog in this fight either

TheOhioState, that was before the current challenge system was put in place. Totally replaced the protest system...coaches no longer have to have $100 bills laying around.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the current system only allows you to question an incorrect score if you have a challenge left?  Seems like that could lead to problems beyond this match.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the current system only allows you to question an incorrect score if you have a challenge left? Seems like that could lead to problems beyond this match.

Very good point. You should not have to use a challenge for a scoring error. Just ridiculous.

If this was such an easy kindergarten level mix up why did the 3 guys sitting in the Kent state corner not lose their collective minds? This problem wouldn't exist if they caught it at the time it happened. I'm a fan of both guys but they missed the opportunity to stop this before it got to this point

I don't have a horse in the race, but I think the NCAA's decision is fair.  Once everyone leaves the mat, that's it.  Protest before that, or not at all.  That's a good precedent, the above-referenced link posted by TheOhioState notwithstanding.  

The real losers are Realbuto and Miller.  Realbuto, because his performance in this tournament, fairly or unfairly, will always have an * by it.  Miller, because he got royally screwed.  

Edited by Frank_Rizzo