Sign in to follow this  
mh1

I'm Keeping it Realbo so you Keep it Realbo

So everyone (except Scribe) understands that Miller won and will be the one of those all-time NCAA screw ups that will forvever be known as RealGate. The worst thing, except for this talented wrestler, would be for him to win. We will be forever (or at least for 10 years) recalling this administrative screw up and of course will have rules changes next year. As many have already speculated the CU staff knew BR lost but it is very important to win at all costs

The Kent State coach amitted on the Flo interview that he thought the score was incorrect, but wasn't really certain.  How are you so certain what the Cornell coaching staff was certain?  Or are you just hating (as usual) MH1?

and yet went to the scorers table and inquired....BUT, BUT....didn't wave the flag....LOL at the NCAA wrestling committee....and anyone who agrees with their ruling.  

I absolutely hate many of the rules: no reaction time, the way stalling is called, etc. and in particular the one that makes this travesty permanent. 

BUT... sorry, inquiring is NOT enough. If a coach really believes something is screwed, he has to protest. Those are the damned rules. I hate paying taxes but I have to pay them every year. Those are the rules. And if I don't get my refund back, and I suspect I have one coming, I either file a complaint appropriately or my money is gone forever. Andrassy had to protest formally if he wanted this taken care of. And he didn't.

I'm sorry this feels like a potshot because I like Andrassy. A lot, actually. I root for his small school and appreciated the way he handled his homophobic wrestler, taking the high road. He's a classy guy. But this is more his fault than anyone else's. As a D1 coach, it is absolutely his job to learn all the rules, memorize them, and take action to stick up for his guy during matches. This is especially so when they really only have ONE guy to follow around at NCAAs. What he did is the same thing as not throwing a red/blue cube in freestyle to get a bad call reviewed, letting the benefit of the video review that should overturn a bad call from saving his wrestler in a world championship. I get that scoring errors and blown calls are different, but according to the rules, they are not treated differently in college and that's the way it is. A coach's job is to deal with that reality. Andrassy failed to do so.

MH1's post is so poorly written I honestly can't understand what the hell he's trying to say, but if he's blaming anyone but Andrassy, and the CU guys in particular for this, he is an idiot.

Of course, the most at fault is the moron whose job it was to know how to count points on a scoreboard designed to keep track of them. But that's neither here nor there. Human errors plague us every day in everything we do. It's all highly unfortunate, but if we're going to go around slinging blame, at least do so at the correct target.

and yet went to the scorers table and inquired....BUT, BUT....didn't wave the flag....LOL at the NCAA wrestling committee....and anyone who agrees with their ruling.  

Pipe, I'm not saying I agree with the Committee's ruling - on the contrary, I stated otherwise on the other thread - but there is no reason to dump on Rob Koll or Brian Realbuto for this, when at the time of the match EVERYBODY seemed confused.  The responsibility for this snafu (and that is what it is) is squarely on the officials and the NCAA committee.

Time to wrestle.  Good luck to all.  

= = = = = = 

With Ryder Cup rookie Nicklaus in the house after draining a five-foot putt on the 18th hole of the final match of an already testy Ryder Cup, Jacklin needed to make a two-footer to halve the match and notch the first tie in the history of the event.‘"

"Jack picked up Jacklin's coin. We were all shocked," Sagebiel quoted Nicklaus’ teammate Tommy Aaron as saying afterward. "We couldn't believe that he had done this."

Other members on the visitors’ roster were similarly stunned.

"We worked so hard to get to where we were, and then to have that be the finalization of the Ryder Cup," said Billy Casper. "It was quite a sensation for everyone concerned there."

As time went by, we became much more appreciative of the sportsmanship which [Nicklaus] displayed when he did that," Casper said. "It really was one of the great things that happened in the Ryder Cup matches."

Redblades you are missing the point of my post. My point is that come May-June the powers that be will change how points are counted. My suspicion is they will decide if the points are awarded but not counted correctly by a paid or volunteer employee those points will still count. Realbuto will be remembered as Oliver-Steiber etc. Yes Brian is an off the chart blue chip wrestler but according to the points awarded by the referee he scored fewer points in regulation than his oppenent. On we go