Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Tonight's semi finals session thread

Who took the personal jab here. Wasn't me, it was your boy Vak that started this. 

My boy Vak?  Chuckle.  Surely you haven't seen my posts recently …  let's face it, you are looking for any reason to crap on Iowa at every turn .. and you are on fire.  Thus, you are on another level …. That turkey dude might be there with you though.

Classy dismissal of the 7th place match.  I'm sure your own accomplishments dwarf it.

No dismissal at all. 7th place at NCAA's is a great accomplishment. Seriously. You are attacking me, so I'm just being snarky in response to YOU, Vak. It isn't my fault or my problem that you are pizzed off tonight. I'm actually trying to lighten the mood, but you won't have any of it.

Repeat after me. This isn't the end of the world. Deep breath. This isn't the end of the world. Deep breath This isn't the end of the world..........

I'm actually fine.  I was bummed out about Evans, but everything else just kind of rolled off my back to different degrees.  I knew Iowa was unlikely to win a title after the first day, but I was still hopeful; it was just a hope tinged with realism.  

But don't pretend you're trying to lighten the mood.  You're trying to troll.  Just own it.

Edited by VakAttack

Wasn't posting during the round... Did anyone see Mayes pulling a Houdashelt/Gilman in the R12 match against Abidin? It looked to me as though he went airborne when finishing his first TD. Injury time resulted - surprised no slam was called.

I'm actually fine.  I was bummed out about Evans, but everything else just kind of rolled off my back to different degrees.  I knew Iowa was unlikely to win a title after the first day, but I was still hopeful; it was just a hope tinged with realism.  

But don't pretend you're trying to lighten the mood.  You're trying to troll.  Just own it.

You went after me hard today, so don't act like you're some kind of victim here, Vak. This crap has been going on a long time with a number of Iowa fans. You can dish it out, but you seem thin skinned when anyone gives it back to you. 

EDIT: BTW, you claimed you were going to go find all the times I mentioned you in this thread before you started in on me. I'm still waiting for the evidence, and it is going to be a long wait now isn't it, Vak. You started this tonight, so YOU can just own it your own self.

Edited by TBar1977

I "went after you hard"?  We bantered on a message board.  My point is I never shied away from it.  I said the times you mentioned me in this and other threads tonight.  Or do you think this thread is some kind of self-contained entity?

You never do, Vak. You never do. Just don't complain when it comes back to you, because after all it is just "banter" now, isn't it. 

:-)

My Scotch is finished. Have a good night, Vak. 

You never do, Vak. You never do. Just don't complain when it comes back to you, because after all it is just "banter" now, isn't it. 

:-)

My Scotch is finished. Have a good night, Vak. 

We just got finished with what is most likely the most exciting day of wrestling for the entire year and all you two are doing is arguing back and forth over who started what. You both sound like idiots. 

Edited by RecHall

Nice to see tOSU with three finalists.  Great chances in all three.  Especially the middle one.

Age question:  Wasn't Charles Jones of Purdue in the 27 or 28 year old range when he won his title?  Military?

Jones is widely reported as the oldest NCAA D-1 champ.  He's a USAF vet, who won his title when he was 28.

That said, there may have been some champs back in the WW II era who were as old or older.  Ideamark discuses a few of them in an article he wrote about a 44-year old University of Southern Maine wrestler.  Very interesting article (link below).

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/12270

Milhoff frosh 125 at OU i believe was 3-0 against Moisey in HS. Give Sammie Henson his props for bringing this true freshman along so quickly. My advice to Tomasello is don't leave a deep whizzer in as a counter to Moisey's single that is where he gets a lot of cradles, just ask Gilman.

No one should be complaining about Snyder stalling against Cox like it won him the match. Snyder might have questionably played the edge against Cox's 2 deep shots, and was definitely running away in the last minute, but other than those 2 shots, Cox did absolutely nothing himself. It is just mind boggling to me that after Snyder went up on an early takedown, Cox seemed content to just collar tie and stand there or just get in stance, take a few steps, bounce in place, and get back in stance. The ref is not to blame for not calling stalling. That loss was totally on Cox. I mean for Christ's sake even after Cox found he was having a hard time finishing his shots, he could have at least pressured into Snyder. He could have been aggressive and driven Snyder across the mat to show the refs that Snyder wasn't doing anything. But instead he mostly just stood there passively. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen Cox wrestle like that.