Sign in to follow this  
Coach_J

DOWN GOES GILMAN!

I've been tough of Gilman too, when he throws his fits and sets the worst example ever for all competitors ever, but we should remember that these guys are still a few years shy of a fully developed brain. I'd rather adopt Kokesh as my in-law, but Gilman's just another hard working competitor.

I still hope he loses two more after the Waters incident and running off the B1G podium.

Edited by denger

Don't get me wrong, I was very proud of Gilman when he won a Jr. World bronze medal for Team USA. Just thought he didn't open up his offense (yet again), played the edge (like so many NCAA wrestlers do), and he got caught by someone who wanted to wrestle and score points.

Nothing against Gilman.

Edited by 2td3nf

The look on Gilman's face afterwards was awesome. Like he's a deer that was just shot...

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764361-Gilman-Taking-The-Last-Breath-Out-Of-Him#.VQzkFzTF9rM

Three things Gilman said caught my attention:

1. he planned to go a full 7 minutes against Moisey (didn't make it 1 minute)

2. he planned to score points against Moisey (he scored 1)

3. he had never heard of Moisey before (i think he'll remember Moisey's name in the future)

The look on Gilman's face afterwards was awesome.  Like he's a deer that was just shot...

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252093-2015-NCAA-D1-Championships/video/764361-Gilman-Taking-The-Last-Breath-Out-Of-Him#.VQzkFzTF9rM

That video is after Gilman WON over Dance, not following the loss to Moisey.

Gilman has no class. It's easy to say that these guys are kids, but they're men. I'd be slapping my kid if I saw him turning into this kind of turd.

I hope that Gilman can become the man that he's clearly not today, but I doubt it. 

Disclaimer: I have never hated Iowa. I live in Australia and I would love to see an important dual at Carver-Hawkeye - next year hopefully. It's just that Gilman really grinds me.

Watched a bunch of Moisey in HS since 9th grade, what an amazing tournament he has had so far. Thank you so much for making my day. Not only did you beat Gilman, you wrecked him in under a minute. I must have rewinded that pin over 20 times already. Haha

That's awesome. Liked one of the flo poster's comments "They're like SNL characters".  hilarious.

Gilman is like a caricature of a Hawkeye wrestler. At least he took that whoopin from Moisey like a man and didn't do any cheap stuff after the fall. I guess that's progress. This can be a very humbling sport

He talks and acts like any other wrestler. He handled losing the biggest match of his career with class, didn't throw a tantrum, head butt anybody and all you can do is berate him.

Really, all the other wrestlers go into the opposing teams huddle looking for trouble; They all body slam their opponent when they can't escape; They all declare themselves better then the national champs that they replace? Gilman has clearly bought into the a-hole mentality Brands preaches in "The Season". 

Looking for trouble in the opposing teams huddle is bs. Did you see what he did? Did you watch that match? The slam on his part was totally absurd. Having confidence that you are better than your predecessor is something that you should have. He's not perfect by any means but the only reason that he is ostracized so much is because he wrestles for the University of Iowa.