Sign in to follow this  
Old_Marine_Wrestler

Rutgers with an AA

It's big for him to get up there as a freshman. I remember Winston coming so close his freshman year, only to regress each year after that. I think Ashnault will keep improving his own game, plus the level of wrestling in the room (Theobold and Perrotti have solid futures as well). 

In non-Rutgers news, happy to see Clagon from Rider AA. Not sure if he was on many colleges' radar in high school, but he is incredibly strong and determined. 

Word is he tore his hamstring, otherwise i think he is wrestling for 3/4.  scuttlebutt is he will med ff in the 7/8 place match.  boy i hope its just a strain

future is bright at RU, moving in the right direction. A team doesn't go from finishing in the 3-6 range at EIWAs in top 5 overnight in the big ten.  RU is also a VERY important program for college wrestling.  The NJ fan base is rabid and only adds another awesome venue to showcase our sport.  The RAC was rocking when Iowa, PSU, Minny and OSU came to town.  Just need to get 1 or 2 of our top NJ studs to stay home and grab 1 or 2 Lehigh Valley kids per year and we ll be a force.  

It's big for him to get up there as a freshman. I remember Winston coming so close his freshman year, only to regress each year after that. I think Ashnault will keep improving his own game, plus the level of wrestling in the room (Theobold and Perrotti have solid futures as well). 

In non-Rutgers news, happy to see Clagon from Rider AA. Not sure if he was on many colleges' radar in high school, but he is incredibly strong and determined. 

Clagon was a 4x NHSCA National Champion. I think a lot of coaches had him on their radar, but can't say for sure.