Sign in to follow this  
Csadd141

Realbuto

BS - this is obviously personal for you..... we are saying he lost and does not belong in the finals.

No, people were personally disparaging him. That's what I take exception to. Do try to keep up, troll.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/readers/worstcalls.html

I like this quote regarding the last play of the game:  Vinny dived for the end zone and fell far short. Phil Luckett ruled it a touchdown. Said the officials afterward, "We mistook his helmet for the football."  

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/12/09/hail-mary-judge-to-decide-if-blown-call-in-okla-prep-football-game-merits-do/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/nfl-says-hochuli-got-49ers-roughing-the-passer-call-wrong/

I could find more.

He will be an NCAA champion who shouldn't have been.

Again, name me another sport where everybody understands that one guy won and the other guy (or girl) lost, by any way you want to do the scoring (no matter what call or no call they made), and yet the guy who moved on was the loser of the score. I can't think of any. And this wasn't even a bad call situation. No matter which call they made, the other guy won.  

Seriously, still waiting for an example.

I don't see Realbuto beating IMar tomorrow night. 

There have been some strange ones over the years.

Anyone remember Johny Hendricks winning a title despite being both outscored (if 3 were awarded according to the count instead of the 2) as well as pinned in that final.

Realbuto has nothing to do with his lucky streak and if he wins tomorrow, the title will be his despite losing the quarter. Such is life.

In this case, I blame NCAA bureaucrats before anyone else as well as, to a lesser degree, Kent State coaches for not officially challenging.

After seeing Miller picking Realbuto apart, my optimism with Realbuto winning vs Imart prior to the tournament is severely diminished.  Then again, the very close match vs Green (again), suggests Imart isn't one of the immortals.  Pulling for Realbuto but expecting Imart to win.

There have been some strange ones over the years.

Anyone remember Johny Hendricks winning a title despite being both outscored (if 3 were awarded according to the count instead of the 2) as well as pinned in that final.

Realbuto has nothing to do with his lucky streak and if he wins tomorrow, the title will be his despite losing the quarter. Such is life.

In this case, I blame NCAA bureaucrats before anyone else as well as, to a lesser degree, Kent State coaches for not officially challenging.

I agree with everything you said except the implication that the Hendricks match presents the same issues as the miller match.

Hendricks was a case of Kessel having his head completely up his ass. The Miller rip off was a case of the ncaa having no balls to do the right thing. Realbuttafucco lost in regulation and should not have advanced period end of fvcking story.

Why doesn't anyone blame Koll?  He's the Head Coach of the wrestling team at one of our nation's finest institutions of higher learning.  Doesn't he have some obligation to teach these young men the meaning of integrity and character?  If everyone acknowledges that Realbuto lost in regulation, then Koll should have just insisted they declare Miller the winner.  Does that level of integrity seem so monumentally unlikely that we dismiss it as not even an option?  

This is a wrestling match.  Marines are watching their brothers get killed overseas and yet people expect them to behave appropriately and not piss in the dead skulls of the enemy.  Isn't that the point of integrity and character?  It only really counts when the consequences are severe.  

I'm ashamed of Rob Koll.  A leader of men he is not.  Ditto for the NCAA hacks that failed to do what was right.  

Why doesn't anyone blame Koll? He's the Head Coach of the wrestling team at one of our nation's finest institutions of higher learning. Doesn't he have some obligation to teach these young men the meaning of integrity and character? If everyone acknowledges that Realbuto lost in regulation, then Koll should have just insisted they declare Miller the winner. Does that level of integrity seem so monumentally unlikely that we dismiss it as not even an option?

This is a wrestling match. Marines are watching their brothers get killed overseas and yet people expect them to behave appropriately and not piss in the dead skulls of the enemy. Isn't that the point of integrity and character? It only really counts when the consequences are severe.

I'm ashamed of Rob Koll. A leader of men he is not. Ditto for the NCAA hacks that failed to do what was right.

Spoken like a true Tiger fan. Maybe Smith should have told the ref to call a slam against Mayes when he went airborne to pile-drive Abidin for an early TD in the R12.

Bad calls (and seeds) are part of the sport. Don't blame Koll or Realbuto for something the ref screwed up.

Edited by lu_alum

1. pretty sure than cornell4eva, heelpick, csadd; and williamofithaca are all the same person (at least some of them--or they share a motel room: "cornell4eva" and "william of ithaca" both ragging on cornell with barely any posts to their name... ?)

2. if you are real people and not high school trolls; you should go back and watch the match: with 6 seconds left, when realbuto should be tied (without miller's RT), as he's on top with his arm on miller's turned body with his shoulders at 90 degrees, they both spend 5 seconds looking at the scoreboard, which lets them both know they're going to overtime, and with 1 second to go, realbuto turns him for good measure. Tell me you don't think realbuto would have gone for backs if he saw he was tied and needed them to win. All he needed was two swipes in 5 seconds. Might not have happened, but to claim "Realbuto lost the match" as a factual statement is pretty ludicrous.

It's ridiculously unfair to both wrestlers either way, and in this case KSU coaches unfortunately did not take action they probably didn't even know they were supposed to take in the first place. Completely lame--but there is no asterisk there. Realbuto beat Ness convincingly once before, was up on him when he was injured, was also game against Dieringer until he tore his knee up (after which he got a takedown on him anyway, i think).
Anyway: two awesome wrestlers deserving to be in the finals are there. 

Miller should not have shut it down, or fell apart at the end of the match. There are mistakes made in all sports, no need to hate on Realbuto. It is not his fault. I am going to enjoy him and Imar go at it tomorrow. May the best man win.

Koll is a piece of sh*t for accepting this win. The ncaa is a pile of sh*t for letting it stand.

It's not on Koll. I started this thread and clearly feel miller was the victor. But if the score was actually corrected at the end of regulation with miller declared the victor, Cornell would have had a reason to be upset. It was possible Realbuto could have scored near fall, but the scoreboard at that point may have influenced the way he ended regulation. Cornell has no duty to give away the win and the scoring blunder would have still been a blunder if it went the other way.

Everybody seems to be under the impression that Koll could have simply turned the decision around if he had stepped up and spoken out to the committee. That wouldn't have changed anything; the committee obviously was not going to change their decision and were set on the decision made. Koll had no control and the issue was entirely out of his hands, and the committee had no obligation to listen to him nor would they because the NCAA wanted to save face. Terrible situation but not reflective of Koll whatsoever.

this happened to me in little league. i struck out but the ump called it strike 2. i took a walk on the next pitch and drove in the winning run. the other coach as livid. our coach did nothing (except buy everyone ice cream after the game). 

pretty much the EXACT same stakes. i think ethically everyone is in the clear here. 

Spoken like a true Tiger fan. Maybe Smith should have told the ref to call a slam against Mayes when he went airborne to pile-drive Abidin for an early TD in the R12.

Bad calls (and seeds) are part of the sport. Don't blame Koll or Realbuto for something the ref screwed up.

I don't blame Koll, but this was not just a bad call...... this was a situation where one guy won NO MATTER what call they made, and he actually lost. Big difference. Those are the rules but it is absurd and I am still waiting for someone to show me another sport where this could happen. Hell, even in freestyle, in it's most screwed up days, they would make something like this right.  

I don't blame Koll, but this was not just a bad call...... this was a situation where one guy won NO MATTER what call they made, and he actually lost. Big difference. Those are the rules but it is absurd and I am still waiting for someone to show me another sport where this could happen. Hell, even in freestyle, in it's most screwed up days, they would make something like this right.  

i just showed you a perfect example of this happening in baseball. refs and score keepers screw up all the time in the every sport.

another time in JV football the refs called the game while my team was about to go in for the winning touchdown because there were no lights on the field and it was getting dark. only it wasn't that dark. nothing we could do though. total hose job. we were furious. 

It's not on Koll. I started this thread and clearly feel miller was the victor. But if the score was actually corrected at the end of regulation with miller declared the victor, Cornell would have had a reason to be upset. It was possible Realbuto could have scored near fall, but the scoreboard at that point may have influenced the way he ended regulation. Cornell has no duty to give away the win and the scoring blunder would have still been a blunder if it went the other way.

Csadd141 has to be one of the most insecure people on here.   Realbuto has done more than you ever have done--when he was in “Jr. High School”.  Get over yourself.  He has accomplished many great things and will continue to do so.  YOU, on the other hand, persist to show how vulnerable you are by maintaining to show your lack of confidence.  If Miller were that much better it shouldn’t have been that close.  Was it a shame the scoring got messed up—yes.  If it were correct would Realbuto have wrestled differently in the final seconds—most likely.  Did Realbuto get it done in OT—yes—rather easily.  So Ca$$141… please quit showing your immaturity and childishness, watch the finals and stomp your feet while texting Miller how you feel bad for him.  Miller is a class act… always has been since he almost beat David Taylor at Ironman… we all know he will be fine. Maybe you should try to emulate him instead of persisting to show your naiveté and juvenile behavior.

i just showed you a perfect example of this happening in baseball. refs and score keepers screw up all the time in the every sport.

another time in JV football the refs called the game while my team was about to go in for the winning touchdown because there were no lights on the field and it was getting dark. only it wasn't that dark. nothing we could do though. total hose job. we were furious. 

It is NOT the same thing, no matter which call they made, the other guy won the match. Everything you are suggesting is either calling a game that hadn't been decided, or a mistake that led to a win. This was a decided match they didn't go back and fix. 

This keeps coming back around....... it isn't that hard of a concept...... it was a decided match no matter what the call and they didn't fix it.  

It is NOT the same thing, no matter which call they made, the other guy won the match. Everything you are suggesting is either calling a game that hadn't been decided, or a mistake that led to a win. This was a decided match they didn't go back and fix. 

This keeps coming back around....... it isn't that hard of a concept...... it was a decided match no matter what the call and they didn't fix it.  

pretty much the exact same thing

pretty much the exact same thing

Just for fun...... they don't give the escape, Dean wins cause it's only 3 point near fall. They give the escape it is a win on riding time.

But I get you are just being obtuse cause you have skin in the game - par for the course on discussion boards, especially wrestling ones.