Sign in to follow this  
Old_Marine_Wrestler

Man, Evans...

you never know what's going on in a wrestler's head, but when watching him it's easy to see that he has real good movement on his feet.

And it's obvious he can get to legs.

Tsirtis same thing...... it is there, but they just won't do it on a regular basis and it bit them.

Tsirtis same thing...... it is there, but they just won't do it on a regular basis and it bit them.

T Shirts wrestled like a bat out of hell when he was behind in the 3rd, so its is there. Makes the inaction in most of his matches all the more mystifying. 

I was surprised he went neutral in the 3rd. Wrestlebacks will be tough. His career might end at 6-6-6.

You'd coach him to go under Brown, then you don't know their history. Going neutral was the right call.

I have to believe this result is a disappointment for Evans.  There are many on this board who will talk about multiple AAs and his stellar record against his rivals in the elite of the weight class, but I have to believe he is not a happy camper tonight.  

What could he have done different to have better placement?  I don't believe he could have done anything to improve His placement.   What we saw today was the very best of Mike Evans and I don't believe he has any reason to be ashamed.   He   gave it his best and it took him as far as he was going to go. 

I can not stand Evans the wrestler. But he made the correct decision in taking neutral. He has not escaped Brown in both meetings this year on bottom. Brown would have at least got the riding time and even if he did escape eventually, Evans would have needed a TD anyway. It was better to give himself 2 minutes and not get wore out on the bottom in the process.

Evans had 2 nice shots and was kind of close to scoring. I think he let it all out there and he has nothing to be ashamed of.