Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Two Best at 157 made the finals

Agree Koll and Realbuto are real pieces of you know what. If they had any integrity whatsoever they would have done the right thing and given Miller the victory he earned. Personally I hope Realbuto gets crushed tomorrow. With that said the NCAA committee members are even bigger chicken ****s. Where is the "process" to make sure the two officials and all the people at the scorers table have their shift together. What happened is an absolute disgrace and what they decided is even more egregious. The NCAA is an absolute joke as are all the ass clowns on the committee.

And I have no dog in the fight.

Edited by GoldenGofer

The idea that Koll and Realbuto should have just given away the victory is absolutely ludicrous. No one, and I mean no one, knew with absolute certainty that Realbuto was actually down 1 as those final seconds ticked off. The NCAA did take a stance that allowed them to take the easy way out, and while I don't agree with their decision I can see their argument: the coaches should have been more adamant about a challenge. But to wish ill of Realbuto for doing anything other than simply going out and wrestling the matches he was supposed to is disgusting. Yes, you could say that Miller "deserves" to be in the finals more, and I probably agree with that. Realbuto might have been gifted a win in the quarters but I for one hope he makes the best of it and puts on a show with IMar, win or lose, to prove he belongs with the best. 

The circumstances are unfortunate, but to blame Realbuto and Koll is over the top. I'm a NY fan, but it wouldn't upset me to see Martinez win to put an end to this controversy. 

I'm as vindictive as anyone on these boards, but Realbuto breaking a leg? Come on, gents. Root against him, but he is a 2x AA in 2 tries.

Edited by provocateur

Agree Koll and Realbuto are real pieces of you know what. If they had any integrity whatsoever they would have done the right thing and given Miller the victory he earned. Personally I hope Realbuto gets crushed tomorrow. With that said the NCAA committee members are even bigger chicken ****s. Where is the "process" to make sure the two officials and all the people at the scorers table have their shift together. What happened is an absolute disgrace and what they decided is even more egregious. The NCAA is an absolute joke as are all the ass clowns on the committee.

And I have no dog in the fight.

Sure you have no dog in the fight. Sarcasm. You are pissed because Ness had to wrestle Realbuto rather than Miller. I get it. If I was a Goofer fan I would have been mad too. That said I feel bad for Ness, he had an amazing career.

Sure you have no dog in the fight. Sarcasm. You are pissed because Ness had to wrestle Realbuto rather than Miller. I get it. If I was a Goofer fan I would have been mad too. That said I feel bad for Ness, he had an amazing career.

You nailed it. The Gopher fans were more outraged then any other fan base, take a look at their forum, and that was because Realbuto was a much more difficult style matchup for Ness then Miller. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Argue if you want but it's true.  Who else would you rather see wrestling for the title tomorrow night?  Miller has had a shot at Martinez and Ness.

Perhaps, but I am sort of a fan of the guys actually winning their matches "on the mat" making the finals. 

I used to say "matches are won on the mat"....... I guess I was wrong.

this is a Kent st issue.... dont blame realbuto or koll.... kent st had the opportunity to challange but they did not

FWIW, there is an article out there where the Kent State coach explicitly states he questioned the officials about the score and, according to him, he was told to pipe down. He did not use that exact phrase but I don't wish to misquote him; his point was that he told them the score might be wrong, but they did not want to hear it. 

Happens in NFL.  Missed call by ref, no challenge, game resumes with blown call.  Little different but if Realbuto knew he was down by 1 does it change his strategy?  If yes, than its not as simple as Miller won.  Because the direction of the match had changed.  My view, Realbuto broke Miller and was winning that match no matter if he was tied or down by 1 at that point.  Can see the outrage but only a few people are acknowledging this angle.

I can't imagine there's an option that exists to forfeit your spot after the fact to the person of your choice.   Quite frankly I'm surprised some of you are actually stating that is exactly what you want Koll to magically make happen.   What if he chose to award the spot to one of his other wrestlers who he felt could score more points (lets assume Realbulto was injured).   You just sub in a healthy guy because your guy won?  Not exactly how I interpret the rules.