Sign in to follow this  
scribe

tOSU - 2015 NCAA Team Champions

LemonPie is coming across like some sort of sore loser. Seems a little bitter about everything.

I know! Crazy because it's you who should be the bitter one. Cornell is like a poverty version of Ohio State, and they are wasting their core talent by surrounding them with scrubs. RIP title hopes

Courts sealed the deal!

Courts didn't just seal the deal... it could be said that he won it for tOSU, covering for the poor tourneys by Johnny D., Demas, and Martin. Can't say much was expected out of Hunter and Tav. Stieber, the three frosh and Kenny did quite well this weekend.

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on a well-deserved national championship!  With all their young talent, they should be an early favor to win again next year.  

BTW, anybody know the last school to win national titles in both football and wrestling?  Very impressive accomplishments - and it was great to see Urban Meyer out their supposing the Buck wrestlers.

Congrats to Ohio State.  I thought they had no shot with Hunter so injured, but I think the hero of the day is Kenny Courts.  Kid has been piled on, including by me, who thought he had become a relative bust, and that he just didn't have the gas to be this level.  He's proven everyone wrong.  Ohio State wrestled their butts off the end of the season, congratulations.

I have been firmly behind the duals deciding the team champion, but the bottom line is that they don't as of now.  Ohio State wrestled really well and deserves all the glory.  Good luck in the finals.

Team Scores

Ohio St. 

Iowa 

Edinboro 

Missouri 

Cornell 

Penn St. 

Oklahoma St. 

Minnesota 

Nebraska 

Virginia Tech 

Michigan 

Illinois 

Lehigh 

Northwestern 

Iowa St. 

Wisconsin 

North Carolina St. 

Virginia 

Oklahoma 

West Virginia 

Congratulations to the Buckeyes on a well-deserved national championship! With all their young talent, they should be an early favor to win again next year.

BTW, anybody know the last school to win national titles in both football and wrestling? Very impressive accomplishments - and it was great to see Urban Meyer out their supposing the Buck wrestlers.

someone said it was Oklahoma in around 1974.

Someone claimed that Tom Ryan lost his team when he allowed Hunter Stieber to wrestle in the Big Tens.

Did he?

I don't think he did simply because whatever choice got made got made with the family blessings and Hunter being a part of it. No way he goes out there in that condition without a family huddle on the whole thing. That is a wrestling family and they understood the dynamics there. I'm sure everyone will be smiling tonight, as they well should.

I don't think he did simply because whatever choice got made got made with the family blessings and Hunter being a part of it. No way he goes out there in that condition without a family huddle on the whole thing. That is a wrestling family and they understood the dynamics there. I'm sure everyone will be smiling tonight, as they well should.

Yes. Sort of a rhetorical question. Strange situation when you consider how outsiders (potential recruits and their coaches) might have felt about it. Ryan was getting blasted by some Ohio State fans.

Winning the title reframes it a bit. Maybe.