Sign in to follow this  
figure4

Sportmanship

Wanted to start a thread to give shutouts to competitors who showed great sportsmanship with weekend.  I was very impressed with the way Chris Dardanes and J'Den Cox handled their respective losses this morning despite not achieving their goals. 

I'll give props to Gilman.  Getting stuck last night and losing to Waters today.  Neither of those could have been very enjoyable, but he manned up and dealt with it.

He was even better in his win over Conaway on Thursday. He was very gracious in the aftermath of that victory.

I've thought he's acted pretty much like a D-Bag - on the mat - whenever I've seen him, but he showed great sportsmanship during this tournament.

Maybe he took something away from what happened in the Waters match at national duals - perhaps a maturity moment?

He was even better in his win over Conaway on Thursday. He was very gracious in the aftermath of that victory.

I've thought he's acted pretty much like a D-Bag - on the mat - whenever I've seen him, but he showed great sportsmanship during this tournament.

Maybe he took something away from what happened in the Waters match at national duals - perhaps a maturity moment?

Good point. We need to remember these are young men who hopefully will grow during their college years.

I don't know which wrestler it was, but one of them lost in the semi's and not only shook hands with the wrestler that beat him but also shook hands with the opposing coaches, got the back pat from his own coaches...... almost unheard of in big college wrestling matches. Maybe J'Den but I am not sure. 

I don't know which wrestler it was, but one of them lost in the semi's and not only shook hands with the wrestler that beat him but also shook hands with the opposing coaches, got the back pat from his own coaches...... almost unheard of in big college wrestling matches. Maybe J'Den but I am not sure. 

I liked that J'Den showed that he was a true champion and was respectful after both of his losses. He was almost too gracious after losing such big matches, when you put things into perspective it's just a wrestling match and he seems to have his head on straight. 

I liked that J'Den showed that he was a true champion and was respectful after both of his losses. He was almost too gracious after losing such big matches, when you put things into perspective it's just a wrestling match and he seems to have his head on straight. 

J'Den Cox and Bo Jordan BOTH acted 100% classy with the handshakes all around. This can hardly come as a surprise though to anyone who has ever heard either of them interviewed. Both are incredibly well spoken and classy. If wrestling needs ambassadors, these two gentlemen can step towards the front of the line. 

These guys will draw other wrestlers to their respective schools, imho.