• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 TripNSweep

TripNSweep

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

I can't stand that attitude. The call was stupid the ref should have sent it to ot. Let the wrestlers decide.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Contrary to what you've just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you'd like to learn more about war, there's lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool, gory pictures.

#2 stp

stp

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

I can't stand that attitude. The call was stupid the ref should have sent it to ot. Let the wrestlers decide.

Wrong.  One of the best ref'ed matched I've seen with all the right calls.  Wilps lost the match pretty much because he quit wrestling. 

• Flying-Tiger, IA_Hawk, hammer and 4 others like this

#3 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,620 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

It was a crappy match but why is Brown a _____? I thought his interview was extremely classy. He could've just said he was happy and moved on but he acknowledged it was a shtty ending to such an important match.

• HurricaneWrestling, Old_Marine_Wrestler, Flying-Tiger and 4 others like this

#4 GoldenGofer

GoldenGofer
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Wrong.  One of the best ref'ed matched I've seen with all the right calls.  Wilps lost the match pretty much because he quit wrestling.

Agree completely a ref who called it right and wasn't afraid.
  • Old_Marine_Wrestler, IA_Hawk, hammer and 1 other like this

#5 RAMONHALE

RAMONHALE

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 105 posts

The calls were terrible!!! Why should the sport of wrestling or a title match outcome be left to video review.  

#6 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Wilps should have dove for the carpet

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#7 TripNSweep

TripNSweep

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

Brown said what goes around comes around. To me that's just not classy.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Contrary to what you've just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you'd like to learn more about war, there's lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool, gory pictures.

#8 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:36 PM

The calls were terrible!!! Why should the sport of wrestling or a title match outcome be left to video review.  

Ummm, because the right calls ended up being made?  It would be worse if Brown ended up losing the title match because of an incorrect call.

Edited by KCMO2, 21 March 2015 - 12:36 PM.

• Old_Marine_Wrestler and hammer like this

#9 GoldenGofer

GoldenGofer
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Ask Ian Miller.
  • IA_Hawk and hammer like this

#10 1032004

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

I think the ref saw it and was trying to send it to OT. But when you have a challenge you have to make the call if it's there and it was pretty clear.
  • IA_Hawk likes this

#11 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

He just came off the mat. Probably just meant that sometimes things go for you and sometimes they go against you.

Anyone but Heil '18

#12 LHN94

LHN94

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

He was just saying that sometimes luck goes your way and sometimes it doesn't.

#13 TripNSweep

TripNSweep

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

I took it as a dig over losing to Perry. Perry didn't need the ref to help him though.

#14 TFBJR

TFBJR

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

I took it as "Sometimes you eat the bear ....

#15 John79

John79
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

problem was the locked hands was clear as day, but i still dont care, i wanted it to go to OT. i bet the way brown won will gnaw at him. he may not admit it but no one wants to win on a technicality.  

#16 RAMONHALE

RAMONHALE

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

Video review does not take into account reaction time!!!

• Pinnum likes this

#17 HurricaneWrestling

HurricaneWrestling

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

I took it as a dig over losing to Perry. Perry didn't need the ref to help him though.

You probably took it wrong.  Win or lose, Brown's been one of the classiest guys in the sport during his career - right up there with the likes of Stieber, Kokesh, etc.

• TheOhioState, IA_Hawk, HuskyHero133 and 1 other like this

#18 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

Cool story, moron

Anyone but Heil '18

#19 Serial_Thriller

Serial_Thriller

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

What is a "$%&*"?  Is this code for Mormon?

• jtothep likes this

#20 TFBJR

TFBJR

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

problem was the locked hands was clear as day, but i still dont care, i wanted it to go to OT. i bet the way brown won will gnaw at him. he may not admit it but no one wants to win on a technicality.  

I think he already said as much in his interview.   He seems like a stand up guy, the kind of person who will be a righteous LEO or member of the military.    Good luck to them both. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users